Speculation rife over Governator joining Obamas teamNovember 7th, 2008 - 12:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 7 (ANI): Hollywood star and governor of Americas most populous state, Arnold Schwarzenegger, could be offered the role of Energy Secretary in the Obama Administration due to his impressive record on green policy and support for renewable energy.
Speculation is rife after the authoritative politico.com website said that the incoming Obama Administration can offer California Governor Schwarzenegger the role of energy czar, the Guardian reported.
The speculation resurfaced this week in the Wall Street Journal in a piece by Keith Johnson, lead writer for the papers environment blog, who cited the California Governors impressive record on green policy, from support for renewable energy to running one of his Hummers on biofuel.
Obama and Schwarzenegger also oppose increased offshore drilling and they share targets on reducing emissions, an area where California has led despite opposition from the Bush Administration.
Back in May, Schwarzenegger even issued a press release praising Obama for introducing a national version of Californias low carbon fuel standard.
Earlier, while campaigning for John McCain in Ohio, Schwarzenegger poked fun at Obamas slight frame.
The Governator, a former bodybuilder said: He needs to do something about those skinny legs, make him do some squats and some bicep curls to build up those scrawny little arms. If only we could do something about putting some meat on his ideas, adding that McCain was built like a rock. (ANI)
- I'd consider a post in the Obama Administration, says Arnie - Dec 19, 2010
- Schwarzenegger wants Obama to put some meat on his skinny legs and arms! - Nov 01, 2008
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
- Schwarzenegger invokes Gandhi for green movement - Feb 02, 2012
- Yoga, Arnie's son's secret behind classic six-pack abs - Oct 05, 2010
- McCain's visit sparks debate in Kashmir - Aug 18, 2011
- US senator meets Kashmir governor, chief minister - Aug 17, 2011
- Obama has "learned a lot" in two years of presidency: McCain - Jan 24, 2011
- Latino voters sticking with Obama, Democrats: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings soar despite disappointments over health-employment issues - Jan 22, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger inspects his larger-than-life clay sculpture - Feb 18, 2011
- Kashmir no excuse for Pakistan's Haqqani ties: Senator - Apr 19, 2012
- Julianne Moore to play Sarah Palin - Mar 10, 2011
- John McCain supports Paul Ryan - Aug 13, 2012
- Schwarzenegger fails to turn up at event to award Abhishek (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: arnold schwarzenegger, bicep curls, bush administration, california governor, california governors, carbon fuel, energy czar, energy secretary, governor schwarzenegger, hollywood star, hummers, impressive record, john mccain, offshore drilling, populous state, renewable energy, running one, skinny legs, squats, wall street journal