Special screening of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ in villagesMay 6th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) The first episode of Aamir Khan’s debut TV show “Sataymev Jayate” was Sunday screened in some villages in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh where the villagers do not have access to television.
“This is an important and relevant show for all of India and Star India is going all out to make sure that this show reaches out to all Indians even in places with limited or no TV connectivity,” said Gayatri Yadav, EVP- Marketing and Communications, STAR India, in a statement.
“The show is about the people of India and it’s imperative it reaches every Indian,” she added.
The show went on air Sunday on Star Plus as well as Doordarshan. In fact, this is the first ever show to be beamed on a private channel as well as DD simultaneously.
The special screening was organised by Star Plus on community TV sets in villages like Bhingara and Kahupatta in Maharashtra; Chepa in Gujarat; Jhunkar in Madhya Pradesh; Tikeri, Lalpur, Sarauta and Maaniram in Uttar Pradesh. Most of these villages have a population of less than 5,000.
The initiative was taken to ensure that the show reaches all over the country as the show caters to the issues of common man. For instance, the first episode talked about female foeticide and its consequences.
- Aamir strikes the right chord with 'Satyamev Jayate' (Roundup) - May 06, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' first episode marks 90 mn viewership - May 16, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev Jayate' top five trends on Twitter - May 06, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev...' ends with aplomb - Jul 29, 2012
- Aamir doing fantastic job with 'Satyamev Jayate': Ritesh Sidhwani - May 21, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' official site crashes - May 06, 2012
- Aamir meets Gehlot, discusses female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- 'Satayamev Jayate' has made life tough for me: Kiran Rao - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Satyameva Jayate' inspires sarpanch to act against female foeticide - May 24, 2012
- Post Aamir, Rajasthan for policy to save girl child - May 11, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir - May 08, 2012
- Gehlot promises Aamir war on foeticide (Evening Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Driving social change for women - via stardom - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, chepa, common man, community tv, connectivity, consequences, dd, debut, doordarshan, female foeticide, gujarat, India, indians, initiative, maharashtra, New Delhi, private channel, tv sets, tv show, uttar pradesh