Spears sued for $10 mnJune 5th, 2011 - 2:15 am ICT by IANS
London, June 5 (IANS) Singer Britney Spears is being sued for $10 million by a licensing company that has alleged the singer failed to pay their commission for launching her fragrance line.
The “Toxic” hitmaker and her father Jamie Spears are the subject of legal action by the Brand Sense Partners firm, which has alleged breach of contract. They are claiming they have stopped receiving the 35 percent commission that was agreed as part of their deal to launch Britney’s fragrance line, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Spears was given notice to appear for a deposition April 29 but could not make it. This led to lawyers on both sides exchanging over a dozen emails and phone calls in an attempt to cooperate and find a mutually agreeable date for the deposition.
A hearing is set for July 11, when a judge would decide if Britney has to appear for the deposition.
- Britney being sued for $10M by former business partners - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney Spears sued over fragrance deal - Apr 01, 2011
- Britney Spears sued over perfume deal - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney Spears sued for sexual harassment - Sep 09, 2010
- Britney Spears sued by Brand Sense Partners - Jun 07, 2011
- Britney Spears set to marry again? - Jun 11, 2011
- Spears settles lawsuit with bodyguard - Sep 14, 2012
- Gaga's debut fragrance to smell of 'blood and semen' - Jan 28, 2011
- Britney Spears wants an action movie role - Apr 06, 2011
- Lady Gaga sued for $10 million - Jul 26, 2012
- Spears lawyers to sue tabloid for defamation - Dec 02, 2010
- Bieber's perfume rakes in $3 mn - Jul 16, 2011
- Shakira launches second fragrance - Jun 14, 2011
- Spears' boyfriend designing engagement ring - Sep 14, 2011
- Spears cheers Roshon! - Mar 21, 2012