Spanish curses inspired Charlize Theron to learn the languageMarch 7th, 2009 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
London, March 6 (IANS) Actress Charlize Theron has been inspired to take Spanish lessons after learning to curse in the language on the sets of her new film “The Burning Plain”.
The 33-year-old worked with Mexican director Guillermo Arriaga on the film and the moviemaker helped improve her Spanish skills by teaching her a string of swear words, contactmusic.com reports.
Theron now admits that she desperately wanted to pick up some basic phrases before she started working on the movie, but never found the time.
“Of course, he taught me the dirty stuff! I had this fantasy, ‘cos I’ve always wanted to learn Spanish, that I would learn Spanish before I shot the movie with him, that he would be really impressed with me and direct me in Spanish but of course it never happened,” she said.
The experience has made Theron realise that she needs to start taking language classes.
“I’m really embarrassed to say that I don’t speak Spanish. I’ve lived in California for eight years and I just think it should be a prerequisite … you should be able to speak Spanish if you live in California,” she said.
- Charlize Theron keen to learn Spanish - Mar 07, 2009
- Spanish actress to work again with Almodovar - Jun 06, 2012
- Theron single, says first time in 17 years - Nov 15, 2011
- I have never gone on casual dates: Theron - Dec 14, 2011
- Theron loves changing diapers - May 30, 2012
- I was obsessed with girl: Charlize Theron - Nov 29, 2011
- Theron loved time in 'spaceship' - May 10, 2012
- Theron forced to work on weekends - Apr 21, 2012
- Angelina Jolie learning French - Dec 21, 2011
- Theron gets nervous on red carpet - May 16, 2012
- Theron not comfortable doing theatre - Jun 25, 2012
- Theron unhappy without her golden tresses - Aug 02, 2012
- Theron finds grey roles real - Jun 01, 2012
- Son made me more creative: Theron - May 27, 2012
- Charlize Theron ready to have baby - Jan 17, 2010
Tags: actress charlize theron, charlize theron, fantasy, guillermo arriaga, language classes, london march, mexican director, moviemaker, new film, phrases, prerequisite, spanish curses, spanish lessons, spanish skills