Spanish court summons Sean Connery in corruption caseOctober 8th, 2010 - 6:08 am ICT by IANS
Malaga (Spain), Oct 8 (IANS/EFE) Former “James Bond” actor Sean Connery and his wife have been ordered to give statements in a court in Spain in a municipal corruption case, judicial officials said.
The Scottish actor will appear in the court Oct 15 in Marbella city.
Connery and his wife owned and stayed in a chalet - a house built in a Swiss design - in Marbella during their vacations till 1999, and a four-storey building built in 2005 is now located where the chalet once stood.
Judge Ricardo Puyol is trying to determine whether crimes were committed in the case after the chalet’s land was re-certified to allow the construction of 72 luxury apartments there.
Puyol set the date for the couple’s testimony after British authorities in Spain provided the address of Connery in the Bahamas, the Sur newspaper reported.
- Connery to appear before Spanish judge over 'money-laundering' scam - May 08, 2010
- Sean Connery Absent From Court - Oct 16, 2010
- Sean Connery Fails to Appear in Spanish Court - Oct 16, 2010
- Sean Connery and Wife Investigated for Tax Fraud - Jul 16, 2010
- Sean Connery, wife to deposit multi-million dollar bond - Nov 21, 2010
- Sean Connery being investigated for tax fraud - Jul 16, 2010
- Sean Connery ordered to pay millions in probe into Spanish property fraud - Nov 20, 2010
- Antonio Banderas leads religious procession - Apr 18, 2011
- Sir Sean Connery in another tax probe - Jul 16, 2010
- Spain blames Europe growth concerns for debt-risk premium rise - Apr 06, 2012
- Sir Sean Connery dumps public life for golf - Apr 08, 2011
- Antonio Banderas to host gala - Jun 30, 2012
- Restaurant may be fined $197,000 for violating smoking ban - Feb 09, 2011
- Spanish monarchs welcome Michelle Obama - Aug 09, 2010
- Sean Connery prefers golf to being guest of honour at Tartan Week - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: actor sean connery, bahamas, bond actor, british authorities, chalet, corruption case, court summons, crimes, efe, james bond, judicial officials, luxury apartments, marbella city, municipal corruption, puyol, scottish actor, sean connery, spanish court, swiss design, testimony