Spacey hosting acting workshop for childrenSeptember 12th, 2011 - 6:34 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 12 (IANS) “Superman Returns” star Kevin Spacey is hosting acting workshops for children to encourage their interest in the arts.
Spacey, who is an artistic director of the Old Vic theatre and currently stars in a production of William Shakespeare’s “Richard Iii”, teaches talented youngsters as part of an initiative for The Prince’s Trust, a charity organization founded by Charles, Prince of Wales.
The 52-year-old is hopeful that the initiative will help in keeping children away from the streets of London, which was hit by riots August this year.
“First off, it (the riots) was criminality. I don’t buy into the word riot or protest. What I do buy into is boredom and advantage. People just took advantage of the situation. It was sad and unnecessary,” contactmusic.com quoted Sapacey as saying.
“But that is all the more reason why projects such as these run by the Prince’s Trust, and supported by this campaign, should be encouraged because if we don’t give kids options to do something that is inspiring, then they will do what comes easy. And that came easy. These are skills that will stand these kids in good stead whatever they chose to do with their lives,” he added.
- Helen Mirren says Shakespeare should be banned in schools - Mar 04, 2011
- Hebert Chavez undergoes cosmetic surgery in order to look like Superman - Oct 10, 2011
- Spacey launches talent hunt for budding directors - Sep 16, 2011
- Oz teachers 'act out text' to teach Shakespeare - Jan 13, 2010
- Aniston keen to return to theatre - Jul 25, 2011
- Alba signs movie as it empowers kids - Aug 19, 2011
- Finance minister invokes Hamlet - Mar 16, 2012
- Kevin Spacey gets Edwin Booth Lifetime Achievement Award - Jan 13, 2011
- Parents should avoid pestering kids for meals - Oct 12, 2011
- Spacey to cheer for 'The Social Network' at Oscars - Dec 20, 2010
- Spacey denies reports Moss will appear in his theatre work - Mar 30, 2010
- Michael Shannon cast as 'Superman' villain Gen Zod - Apr 11, 2011
- Kainaz Motivala doesn't want to be typecast (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Artisans to turn designers, thanks to local NGO - Mar 18, 2012
- Capello's off-hand attitude creating dissension within England squad - Jun 20, 2010
Tags: acting workshops, artistic director, boredom, charity organization, charles prince of wales, criminality, initiative, kevin spacey, old vic theatre, prince of wales, richard iii, riots, shakespeare, stead, streets of london, superman returns, talented youngsters, william shakespeare, word riot