Spacey desperate to play villain in Bond movieJune 23rd, 2009 - 11:59 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 23 (IANS) Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey is urging James Bond bosses to consider him for a role in the next installment of the franchise because he has always dreamt of playing a villain opposite the super spy.
The “American Beauty” star, who played legendary comic book villain Lex Luthor in 2006 “Superman Returns”, has set his sights on a role opposite British actor Daniel Craig in the follow-up to last year hit “Quantum of Solace”, reports variety.com.
Spacey insists playing an arch enemy of the suave secret agent is high on his list of his priorities.
“I would love to play the villain in Bond, but they haven’t called yet,” he said.
- Is LiLo up for a role in 'Superman'? - Apr 05, 2011
- Rachel Weisz 'to play Bond's enemy in next 007 film' - Jan 20, 2011
- Ben Kingsley in 'Iron Man 3'? - Apr 10, 2012
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Michael Shannon cast as 'Superman' villain Gen Zod - Apr 11, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Kings of Leon' to record new James Bond theme song - Jun 24, 2011
- Daniel Craig Passionate About Third Bond Movie - Aug 16, 2010
- Is Naomie Harris the new Bond girl? - Jun 07, 2011
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- Clint Eastwood turned down 'Superman' and 'James Bond roles' - Sep 09, 2010
- The Joker voted top villain of all time - Sep 07, 2009
- Sam Mendes to direct next Bond movie? - Jan 06, 2010
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Hebert Chavez undergoes cosmetic surgery in order to look like Superman - Oct 10, 2011
Tags: actor kevin, american beauty, american beauty star, arch enemy, british actor, comic book villain, daniel craig, franchise, james bond, june 23, kevin spacey, priorities, quantum, solace, spy, superman returns