“Space Jam Jordans” Series Released By NikeDecember 23rd, 2009 - 7:43 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Nike aficionados got excited when the company announced a new sneaker named Air Jordan 11 Retro. Its Air Jordan series has been a hit with the customers since its launch. They are also called “Space Jam” Jordans as Michael Jordan used to wear similar looking shoes in the movie Space Jam. Earlier Nike planned to launch the Retro series on the eve of Christmas but later it changed its decision. It changed the release date to 23rd December 2009.
However, Nike has not specified if the new sneakers have any reference to the Michael Jordan starer or popular characters of Looney Tunes. The Space Jam Retro term could have been invented by press as well. Nike has not used the name in its website or press release as such. The first edition of Space Jam Jordans were released in 2000. It got the name after Michael Jordan was seen in the movie wearing these sneakers. The sneakers were not inspired by the movie as many people mistakenly believe.
It is quite natural that a popular Nike product will not be offered at cheap rates. When the series was first launched, the price tag was $125. However, if anyone plans to buy the latest edition of Space Jam Jordans sneakers, he needs to shell out around $175. However, the steep price tag will not be a deterrent on sales figures. The sneakers are likely to be sold off the shelves hours after they arrive. These sneakers tend to get yellow after using for some time- though the stains can be easily removed.
- Cool Grey 11 Retro Shoe Launch Witnesses Mad Rush By Buyers - Dec 24, 2010
- Warren Sapp auditioning his collection of Air Jordans? - Aug 06, 2012
- West's trainers a hit, fans offering $89,100 for a pair - Jun 07, 2012
- Maya Moore handed Jordan brand deal by Nike - May 19, 2011
- Kanye West makes movie debut with 'The Black Mamba' - Feb 02, 2011
- Kanye West trainers selling at over $80,000 - Jun 07, 2012
- Kanye West to show off his acting skills in film about Kobe Bryant - Feb 02, 2011
- NBA Star LeBron James Unveils Nike Air Max LeBron VII - Aug 08, 2009
- Bollywood's Obsession With Retro Beats In 2010 - Dec 23, 2010
- Michael Jordan sues Chinese firm - Feb 23, 2012
- Soon, Nike to unveil shoes that tie themselves! - Aug 31, 2010
- 'Transformers: Dark Of The Moon' Trailer Released Online - Dec 09, 2010
- Facebook Unveiling New Photo Tagging Option - Dec 17, 2010
- 'Shutter Island' Released In Blu-Ray Edition - Jun 09, 2010
- Youngster Demi Lovato Attains The Accomplishment Of Having The Highest Grossing Albums Of Disney - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: air jordan, christmas, eve, jordan 11, launch, looney tunes, michael jordan, new sneakers, nike, Press Release, price tag, ranjan, release date, shelves, shoes, sneaker, space jam, stains, starer, steep price