South Indian producer Dasari Padma diesOctober 28th, 2011 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 28 (IANS) Well-known south Indian producer Dasari Padma, wife of eminent Telugu filmmaker and former union minister of state Dasari Narayana Rao, died Friday after a brief illness. She was 65.
She is survived by her husband, two sons and a daughter.
Padma, who was admitted to a private hospital here last Tuesday with lung infection, developed multiple problems, family sources said.
“Osey Ramulamma” and “Megha Sandesam” are some of the major films that Padma had produced. She had a love marriage with Rao and helped him when he was struggling as producer-director in filmdom.
She also served as president of women’s wing of the Congress party in Tamil Nadu.
As the news of Padma’s death spread, several Telugu film personalities rushed to her house to console Rao.
Tamil Nadu governor K. Rosaiah, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana and film personalities D. Ramanaidu, Murali Mohan, Mohan Babu and Raghavendra Rao were among those who condoled Padma’s death.
- Producer Dr D. Ramanaidu To Do A Cameo In Parama Veera Chakra - Jul 28, 2010
- Telugu film industry extends support to Hazare - Aug 19, 2011
- Film fraternity came out in full strength to support Anna's movement - Aug 28, 2011
- 'Sudigaadu', fun all the way (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 26, 2012
- Will follow Sonia's decision on Telangana: Andhra Congress - Jun 11, 2011
- 'Jummandi Naada' - old wine in an old bottle (Telugu Movie Review) - Jul 04, 2010
- Give 'Parama Veera Chakra' a miss ( Telugu Movie Review) - Jan 16, 2011
- Rosaiah sworn in as Tamil Nadu governor - Aug 31, 2011
- Dasari's 'Young India' begins shooting - Nov 24, 2009
- 'Savitri' award to be presented to Jamuna - May 06, 2010
- Veeru-Manoj combo begins shooting - Jun 11, 2009
- Congress leader for legal aid to jailed former minister - Jul 08, 2012
- Southern stars twinkle in Bollywood (Feature) - Jul 21, 2011
- D. Ramanaidu to get Dada Saheb Phalke Award - Sep 09, 2010
- Chiranjeevi, five others elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh chief, chief minister, congress party, family sources, film personalities, filmdom, kiran kumar, last tuesday, lung infection, megha, minister of state, mohan babu, murali, padma, private hospital, raghavendra rao, satyanarayana, state congress, telugu film, union minister