‘Soundtrack’ felt like my story: Rajeev Khandelwal (Movie Snippets)August 13th, 2011 - 9:18 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 13 (IANS) Actor Rajeev Khandelwal’s forthcoming film “Soundtrack” is about a guy who comes to the city to make it big and the actor says the story is very similar to his own life.
“The part of the film where this character comes to Mumbai to make it big, I could see myself in it. I came from Jaipur to Mumbai and I remember landing at the station and when I saw Mumbai I was scared. And then I adjusted. So all those things I related to. I could feel those portions of the film from my heart,” the 35-year-old actor told IANS.
“Soundtrack”, the official remake of “It’s All Gone Pete Tong”, is slated to release Sep 30. It has been directed by debutant Neerav Ghosh and also stars Soha Ali Khan, Mrinalini Sharma, Mohan Kapur and Anurag Kashyap in a cameo.
“Soundtrack” is the story about a prolific musician and DJ. It traces his alcohol-drug-and-sex-fuelled meteoric rise, as he battles his internal demons and a damaging handicap.
Sanjay Dutt addicted to tattoos
He was one of the first few stars to acquire a sculpted body and actor Sanjay Dutt was also among the first to get a tattoo. He has eight of them now.
“Tattoos are like an addiction. I got my first tattoo on my right shoulder in Goa. Since then I went on having more of them. Now I have eight tattoos and I like them a lot. I might get more later. Let’s see,” the 51-year-old actor told IANS.
Sanjay’s tattoos include his parents’ names - Nargis and Sunil Dutt. He has a four-inch Tibetan Om with his zodiac sign, Leo, and his lucky number 1 below it.
Other tattoos include, his wife Manaayata’s original name (Dilnashin) on his left forearm; a lion tattoo on his right forearm with the words “Simba Rules”; two samurai soldiers one below the other on his right arm; an elaborate Lord Shiva inking on his left shoulder/upper arm with the “Om Namah Shivaya” in Sanskrit; and a dragon breathing fire on his right shoulder and extending to his upper arm.
I’m a blend of both Indian and Western: Asin
Southern beauty Asin Thottumkal calls herself the contemporary modern woman and says that her name signifies that too.
“A is taken from Sanskrit, which is the first letter of the alphabets and Sin is English for Hindi word ‘paap’. So Asin means pure, something without sin. It’s a combination of the East and the West.
“It stands for contemporary India because now we are neither fully traditional nor completely westernised. We are a blend of both. So my name is me, a contemporary modern woman,” said the 25-year-old.
Asin, who was last seen in “Ready” with Salman Khan, has paired with Akshay Kumar in “Housefull 2″.
- Sanjay to get into shape for Varma's take on 'Munich' - Feb 02, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt gets three more tattoos - Jun 18, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt shoots despite wound - Oct 22, 2011
- Katrina on a bottle! (Movie Snippets) - Mar 30, 2012
- Sheen to get secret tattoo - Apr 13, 2011
- Serial kisser tag irritating: Emraan Hashmi (Film Snippets) - Jun 15, 2011
- In view of Rihanna's misspelled tattoo, Hindus call for Sanskrit training for tattoo industry - Apr 18, 2009
- 'Ferrari...' reminds Sanjay Dutt of his dad - Jun 12, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt adopts father's 'Mujhe Jeene Do' look for 'SOS' - Aug 13, 2012
- Kunder proud of 'assistant' Karan Malhotra (Movie Snippets) - Jan 26, 2012
- Brandy Norwood's Lord Ganesh tattoo starts fad for Hindu tattoos - Jan 15, 2011
- Arjun not interested in cameos, but does one for David Dhawan - Feb 10, 2011
- Bombay High Court issues order to seal Sanjay Dutt's property - Dec 28, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt to sing extra song for 'Department' - Apr 19, 2012
- Sanjay's tribute to Big B with 'Thodi si jo pi li hai' - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: alcohol drug, breathing fire, forthcoming film, internal demons, kashyap, left forearm, lion tattoo, lord shiva, lucky number, meteoric rise, mrinalini sharma, nargis, om namah shivaya, parents names, pete tong, prolific musician, sanjay dutt, sign leo, soha ali khan, sunil dutt