Soul Icon Aretha Franklin Suffering From Pancreatic Cancer?December 9th, 2010 - 8:41 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It came as a real shock to Aretha Frankiln’s fans when a reputed American magazine reported that the Queen of Soul is battling against pancreatic cancer. However, there is still no confirmation of the news. On the other hand, the magazine also states that the type of cancer has only 5%-10% survival rate.
Aretha Franklin’s representative refused to comment on this matter. The reputed celebrity and lifestyle magazine stated that Aretha Franklin’s relative told that the singer is doing good after her surgery but her family members are still concerned. The Grammy award-winning singer’s relative has also asked all her fans to send their love, support and prayers. Aretha Franklin underwent a mysterious surgery just a week before, however, the singer kept the actual cause of her surgery under wraps. Reverend Jesse Jackson, civil-rights leader went to meet the singer after her surgery. Jesse Jackson told a reputed media source on Wednesday that Aretha Franklin is conscious and she is communicating with everyone.
Jesse Jackson also said that Aretha Franklin is recuperating and also she is able to walk now after such a major surgery. He said that he has visited the soul legend about four to five times and always felt that she has a high spirit and strong faith in everything she does. Jesse Jackson could not comment anything about pancreatic cancer but said that the veteran singer has the strength of religion and faith, that helps her to fight against all oddities in life. Aretha Franklin canceled all her tours, concerts and public appearances few months back owing to her heath issue and her representative said that the singer’s doctors have advised her to do so.
- Aretha Franklin 'diagnosed with pancreatic cancer' - Dec 09, 2010
- Aretha Franklin 'feeling great' post-surgery - Dec 17, 2010
- Aretha Franklin says her health problem has been resolved - Jan 07, 2011
- Cancer-stricken Aretha Franklin 'has less than a year to live' - Dec 09, 2010
- Cancer-stricken Aretha Franklin 'doing better than doctors expected' - Dec 10, 2010
- Aretha Franklin Doing Well, Likely To Be Released From Hospital - Dec 12, 2010
- Franklin suffering from pancreatic cancer - Dec 10, 2010
- Aretha Franklin - latest victim of Internet death hoax - Dec 29, 2010
- Queen Of Soul Aretha Franklin Recuperating After 'Highly Successful' Surgery - Dec 05, 2010
- Aretha Franklin laughs off gastric bypass rumours - Mar 13, 2011
- Aretha Franklin Cancels Performances Till May Due To Health Issues - Nov 05, 2010
- Aretha Franklin '150 percent' ready for first post-surgery concert - Feb 17, 2011
- Aretha Franklin shows off 85-pound weight loss post surgery - Apr 29, 2011
- Aretha Franklin doing well after 'highly successful surgery' - Dec 03, 2010
- Aretha Franklin all set to return to stage - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: aretha frankiln, aretha franklin, civil rights leader, gina gomez, grammy award, high spirit, jesse jackson, lifestyle magazine, major surgery, media source, oddities, public appearances, queen of soul, reverend jesse jackson, reverend jesse jackson civil rights, strong faith, survival rate, tours concerts, type of cancer, veteran singer