Sophie Dahl reveals her ugly duckling childhoodNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:19 am ICT by admin
“As a child, I looked like one of those adopt-a-child posters, with round, NHS spectacles and a patch over my left eye,” the Daily Express quoted her, as saying.
“By the time I was 17 I looked like a refugee from the Playboy Club, with enormous bosoms, blonde hair and a liking for very short skirts and fishnets,” she said.
The size 10 model, said that by looking at her earlier snaps she used to think that she was quite big but later she slimmed down naturally.
“So many people commented about my body that I lost all sense of it myself. I see old pictures and think I really was quite big,” she said.
“I skirted around all sorts of eating disorders but I just slimmed down naturally,” she added. (ANI)
- Sophie Dahl, Jamie Cullum enjoy geeky conversation - Feb 06, 2011
- All the best Ali, says KJo (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2011
- Sophie Dahl and Jamie Cullum Expecting First Baby - Sep 14, 2010
- Sophie Dahl & Jamie Cullum are expecting their first baby - Sep 14, 2010
- Sophie Dahl says her curvier body made her look 'pornographic'! - Apr 30, 2009
- Sophie Dahl welcomes baby girl - Mar 06, 2011
- Battle of the sexiest TV cook: Sophie Dahl vs. Nigella Lawson - Mar 07, 2010
- Dieting makes Eva Green depressed - May 04, 2012
- Sophie Dahl's way to lose weight - eating like a child - Jun 01, 2009
- Sophie Dahl prepares Indian daal on TV show - Apr 16, 2010
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Patricia Neal dies from lung cancer aged 84 - Aug 10, 2010
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Bollywood posters go dare bare with women - Feb 23, 2012
- I want to inspire women, says Mona Singh - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: adopt a child, blonde hair, bosoms, child posters, daily express, eating disorders, english model, fishnets, left eye, liking, nhs, playboy club, refugee, short skirts, snaps, sophie dahl, spectacles, ugly duckling