Sony Pictures to release the next James Bond movieApril 15th, 2011 - 7:42 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, April 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sony Pictures has come to the rescue of the James Bond franchise by signing a deal with Metro Goldwyn Meyer. With MGM’s recent financial troubles, the future of the franchise seemed to be in danger.
The new Bond movie would be the 23rd in the franchise. Sony by the new agreement would have the right to distribute the movie in most parts of the world. The new movie would be directed by Sam Mendes. The production of the movie was put on hold back in April due to the financial crisis that MGM found itself in.
At the time that the project was put on hold, MGM reportedly owed about $3.7 billion in debt. With the financial problems of MGM and the uncertainty of the project, it was feared that Mendes would walk away from the project. That never happened and the project was announced again this January after MGM was restructured.
Daniel Craig has been confirmed for the new movie. Other actors have been linked with the movie including Anthony Hopkins and Javier Bardem. Robert Wade and John Logan would be the screenwriters of the movie.
2012 would be 50 years since the first James Bond movie, Dr. No, was made.
- 'Skyfall' to hit Indian screens Nov 2 (With Image) - Feb 01, 2012
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- 'James Bond' film set to resume production - Nov 07, 2010
- 'James Bond' set to roll again - Nov 06, 2010
- Javier Bardem Lands Role In Next James Bond Project? - Jan 31, 2011
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- New James Bond film to release next year - Jan 12, 2011
- Albert Finney onboard for the new James Bond movie - Nov 01, 2011
- Cash Crisis Leads To Axing Of James Bond Film - Jul 05, 2010
- New Bond movie canceled - Jul 07, 2010
- Latest James Bond film back on track? - Sep 17, 2010
- Recession brings James Bond to a halt - Apr 20, 2010
- New Bond Movie Canceled Owing To MGM's Financial Woes - Jul 10, 2010
- Watch 'Skyfall' first trailer on your mobiles - Jul 31, 2012
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
Tags: actors, anthony hopkins, daniel craig, financial crisis, financial troubles, james bond franchise, javier bardem, john logan, metro goldwyn meyer, mgm, new bond movie, next james bond, next james bond movie, robert wade, sam mendes, screenwriters, sony, sony pictures, uncertainty