Sony Music acquires rights of ‘London, Paris, New York’January 25th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 25 (IANS) The music rights of romantic comedy “London, Paris, New York” have been reserved by Sony Music. All seven songs in the album have been written, composed and sung by Ali Zafar, who is also the movie’s lead actor.
The album, which will be digitally available starting Jan 30, will also have the movie’s actress, Aditi Rao Hydari lending her voice to a song called “Voh dekhane mein”.
The release of the album will be in the first week of February across key retail outlets.
“London, Paris, New York” follows its characters’ personal journey and their love story as they meet in London, flirt in Paris and fall in love in New York for a night each over eight years.
The songs of the movie blend strongly with the theme of the scene and location.
“This generation-next movie comes with a variety of songs where the multi-faceted creative talent, Ali Zafar, has sung all of them giving each song his own distinctive style that merges perfectly with each moment in the film,” Sanujeet Bhujabal, marketing director, Sony Music India, said in a press statement.
“The freshness quotient of the music will be loved by all music fans whether young or those who are young at heart,” added Bhujabal.
The soundtrack also features voices from Sunidhi Chauhan, Haldika Kiani and Pakistani Sufi singer Sanam Marvi. The film, directed by Anu Menon, will release March 2.
- I have always looked up to Kishore Kumar: Ali Zafar - Jan 16, 2012
- 'London Paris New York' about love between strangers (IANS Preview) - Feb 29, 2012
- Ali is very naughty: Aditi Rao Hydari - Jan 15, 2012
- Ali Zafar journeyed from portraits to musical dreams - Feb 28, 2012
- 'Piya Basanti... Again' after over 10 years - Aug 06, 2012
- Sony Music acquires 'Agneepath' music rights - Dec 12, 2011
- Shortcomings abound, 'Tezz' soundtrack still leaves a mark (IANS Music Review) - Apr 22, 2012
- Emraan an accommodating co-star, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 03, 2012
- 'Student of the Year' songs peppy, likeable (IANS Music Review) - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' perfect rendition of melody, trance (Tamil Film Music Review) - Sep 06, 2012
- Let music do the talking this Valentine's Day - Feb 11, 2012
- Cinema, theatre can promote Urdu: Ali - Feb 15, 2012
- X-factor missing from 'Murder 2' music (IANS Music Review) - Jun 02, 2011
- Rustic flavour in 'Ishaqzaade' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Apr 15, 2012
- 'Patiala House' Music Is Not Different But Entertaining - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: ali zafar, creative talent, distinctive style, freshness, kiani, london paris, love story, menon, music fans, music india, music rights, paris new york, personal journey, quotient, retail outlets, romantic comedy, sanam, seven songs, sony music, young at heart