Sonu Niigaam unveils 26/11 anthem for Mumbai PoliceNovember 26th, 2009 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 26 (IANS) Playback singer Sonu Niigaam has created an anthem for Mumbai’s police force to praise the spirit of both the security personnel and the average resident of India’s financial and entertainment capital. The song has been created as part of the police campaign called Abhedya (Invincible) Mumbai.
Composed by Sonu and written by Subbu, National Creative Director of Linterland, the song opens in the voice of superstar Amitabh Bachchan. It was launched exclusively on BIG 92.7 FM on the eve of 26/11.
“This song means a lot to me first as a Mumbaikar and then as the lyricist. Working with Sonu was an awesome experience and Mr. Bachchan opening the song was a dream! I am glad we all got together to create Mumbai’s first anthem. I hope people like our effort,” said Subbu in a statement.
Big B is joined by leading singers like Jagjit Singh, Talat Aziz, Suresh Wadkar, Shankar Mahadevan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Alka Yagnik, Shaan, Kunal Ganjawala, Kailash Kher, Roop Kumar Rathod, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Richa Shama and Hariharan.
Abhedya Mumbai is an effort to spread the message of solidarity and security amongst Mumbaikars with an endeavour to channel youth power towards unity and integrity.
Its next phase includes a large-scale concert by leading artists of India, managed by BIG Events for the Mumbai Police.
- Sonu Nigaam composes song as tribute to Mumbai - Nov 26, 2009
- Big B lends voice for Kailash Kher's new album - Jan 10, 2012
- Sony Music acquires 'Agneepath' music rights - Dec 12, 2011
- Alka Yagnik, Javed Akhtar unveil literacy anthem - Sep 04, 2012
- B-Town prays for Jagjit Singh's speedy recovery - Sep 24, 2011
- Listen to decade's best romantic songs this Valentines' Day - Feb 10, 2010
- Raavan music launch eagerly awaited - Apr 22, 2010
- Bollywood songs to add to your patriotic fervour - Aug 14, 2010
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstars: Kamal Khan From Patiala Declared The Winner - Dec 27, 2010
- Music Album Releases On Buddha Preaching With Voice Of Sonu, Alka, Shankar - May 28, 2010
- Buddha Hi Buddha Hai Music Launch - May 21, 2010
- Fans, family, friends bid adieu to Jagjit Singh - Oct 11, 2011
- 'Tum chain ho' clear winner in 'Milenge Milenge' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jun 14, 2010
- Astonishing Music Launch of Movie "Life Express" - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: alka yagnik, amitabh bachchan, creative director, hariharan, jagjit singh, kailash kher, kunal ganjawala, mahalaxmi iyer, mr bachchan, playback singer, richa, roop kumar rathod, security personnel, shaan, shama, shankar mahadevan, sonu niigaam, sunidhi chauhan, suresh wadkar, talat aziz