Sonam ready to bend rules for De Niro, Shah RukhMarch 30th, 2009 - 8:56 am ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, March 30 (IANS) Sonam Kapoor may be just two films old, but she is choosy about her roles and has drafted strict guidelines for herself to sign movies. The young actress is, however, willing to make exceptions if the man opposite her happens to be Robert De Niro or Shah Rukh Khan.
“Well, why would one actually ask questions if paired opposite Robert De Niro?” asks Sonam with a mischievous smile. “You should consider yourself plain fortunate to just share a common frame with him. In fact, I will be happy to even walk past a frame featuring him. No questions asked. Period.”
Sonam teamed up with Ranbir Kapoor in her debut vehicle “Saawariya” and she was seen with Abhishek Bachchan in her second film “Dilli 6″. She is now looking forward to a movie with superstar Shah Rukh.
“He is another man for whom I will be so very willing to ignore my rule book. I would be more than happy to go ahead and sign a film if Shah Rukh happens to be my hero,” says Sonam, a self-confessed Shah Rukh fan.
“There are exceptions that one makes about the size and content of the role when it comes to working with legendary actors; De Niro and Shah Rukh just fit the bill,” she said.
However, when it comes to working on films with anyone lesser, Sonam certainly has her do’s and don’ts in place.
“I don’t intend to do films where all I am required to do is to dance in four songs and enact a couple of emotional scenes. By no means am I looking at that kind of cinema,” she said.
Though the formal announcement of her next film is yet to take place, reports are that Sonam’s next will be for her dad’s production house. The film is called “Ayesha” and is based on Jane Austen’s novel “Emma”.
According to industry sources, Sonam will be making a complete about turn from her “Saawariya” and “Delhi 6″ image and take on a completely new ultra-chic avtar. The film will feature Abhay Deol along with newcomer Arunodoy Singh, who will soon make his debut with “Sikandar”.
Sonam and Imran Khan are meanwhile reportedly being considered by Kunal Kohli for his next film that would be directed by his assistant Danish Aslam. However, confirmation is still awaited around this young love story.
- B-town wishes love, luck for Sonam's birthday - Jun 09, 2012
- Sonam surprised at being tagged 'sexy' - Dec 20, 2011
- Movie Review: Aisha(2010) - Aug 06, 2010
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Sonam takes to Bikram yoga (Movie Snippets) - Aug 01, 2011
- I'm itching to direct: Sonam Kapoor (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- Rajshree Ojha returns with 'Chaurahen', says no compromise this time - Mar 12, 2012
- I'd get more time to promote 'Mausam': Sonam Kapoor - Sep 16, 2011
- 'Aisha' is an elitist celebration of matchmaking (Hindi Film Review, Rating: ***) - Aug 06, 2010
- Sonam and Ranbir ever to be seen together on the silver screen again? - May 14, 2010
- Raima Sen: Why is She Worried About Her Mother Watching Her Film Mirch? - Dec 10, 2010
- Without Shirish's support, couldn't have acted: Farah - Jun 20, 2012
- Wax statue biggest honour: Kareena - Nov 11, 2011
- Shah Rukh feels Roman love (Movie Snippets) - Nov 02, 2010
- Sonam Kapoor promotes her upcoming film 'Aisha' - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: abhay deol, abhishek bachchan, avtar, emotional scenes, exceptions, formal announcement, industry sources, jane austen, joginder, mischievous smile, mumbai, newcomer, novel emma, robert de niro, saawariya, shah rukh khan, sonam kapoor, strict guidelines, two films, young actress