Sonam Kapoor: The Masakali Girl Turned FashionistaDecember 6th, 2010 - 3:11 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
December 6, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Sonam Kapoor is indeed the masakali girl who has traversed the path to success with aplomb. Despite the fact that her debut flick Saawariya failed to create a roar at the box office the gal has managed to sustain herself in the industry with quite a lot of positive attitude.
Sonam had been almost labeled as the gal with the traditional touch in the industry, what with her debut film having her portray the typical Hindi film heroine with the traditional attire and an ethnic background and her second movie Delhi 6, having her in a typical salwar kameez clad role. However, this movie was also quite a transition for her as she also had a hep look with high street fashion garments sported by her in the second half.
Sonam Kapoor broke the mould to emerge as a true blue modern chic with the KJO flick I Hate Love Storys, where she was seen in the most modern attire with designer labels et al.
The actual transition of image for Sonam was of course with the movie Aisha, where she made a splash with her on screen persona and stylish attitude with the most happening wardrobe and a great positive attitude which literally made her one of the most happening fashionistas of B town.
These days Sonam has been seen in the most stylish of ensembles, be it at film premieres, events, or magazine covers or high end chat shows on the telly. Amazingly, Sonam has also been labeled as the hot pin up gal due to her appearance on magazine covers almost every month!
Well, we do hope to see a lot of the star in the coming months. Reportedly, her role in Pankaj Kapoor’s Mausam, co-starring Shahid Kapoor will see her in a series of different attires as her role in the movie will see her ageing from a young girl to an old woman. So get ready to see the fashionista at her best in the coming year.
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Sonam Replaces Katrina For The 'Job' - Aug 14, 2010
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor: The Gen X Style Divas - Nov 25, 2010
- Kareena Kapoor: Cast Opposite Abhishek Bachchan In Dostana 2 - Jan 22, 2011
- Who Is The Real Veena Malik - The Innocent Gal Or The Drama Queen? - Nov 11, 2010
- Sonam Kapoor promotes her upcoming film 'Aisha' - Aug 01, 2010
- Rajshree Ojha returns with 'Chaurahen', says no compromise this time - Mar 12, 2012
- Priyanka Chopra:The challenging role in Saat Khoon Maaf - Dec 04, 2010
- Katrina Kaif: From 'Tees Maar Khan' To 'Housefull 2'! - Nov 26, 2010
- Sonakshi Sinha: Hopping the ladder to success with Aplomb - Dec 13, 2010
- Sonam Kapoor's 'AISHA' Gives A New Face To Indian Fashion - Jul 16, 2010
- Katrina: The Talented Girl! - Oct 22, 2010
- B-town wishes love, luck for Sonam's birthday - Jun 09, 2012
- 'Aisha', a fun-filled romantic film, says Sonam Kapoor - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,