Sonam Kapoor gorged on street food while shooting ‘Delhi-6′February 12th, 2009 - 9:45 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 12 (IANS) Golgappas, chhole bhature and non-vegetarian delicacies from popular eatery Karim’s - star kid Sonam Kapoor gorged on all this and more while shooting for her forthcoming film “Delhi-6″ in the capital.
“I’m quite a foodie and have a very Punjabi taste in terms of food. So when we were shooting in Delhi for the film, I used to eat a lot of golgappas, chhole bhature, dahi bhalle and meat from Karim’s. Basically, I used to eat all the wrong things, but I loved that,” Sonam told IANS over telephone from Mumbai.
In Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s “Delhi-6″, Sonam plays Bittu, an aspiring singer who lives in a conservative family in the crowded Chandni Chowk area and has a desire to break free from the typical Indian societal norms.
The one-film-old actress says a good amount of preparation went behind her character in the film in which she stars opposite Abhishek Bachchan.
“One has to really prepare for the role he or she is portraying in a film. For ‘Delhi-6′, I had to work on my accent, body language, clothes, my expressions, the way I walked and a lot of other nitty-gritty stuff,” she said.
Apart from Sonam’s carefree Indian looks in the film, her performance in the hit peppy number “Masakalli”, picturised on her and a dove, has been really appreciated.
“‘Masakalli’ is a beautiful song by A.R. Rahman and beautifully choreographed by Vaibhavi Merchant. Masakalli is the name of the dove in the film and it is very symbolic of my character. She nearly became my pet on the sets. She used to hop on to my head,” said Sonam, who is actor Anil Kapoor’s daughter.
Asked if she was a wee bit scared of the bird, she said: “I wasn’t scared of Masakalli at all. She was just a small bird. How could it harm me?”
The song has become so popular that a lot of Sonam’s friends have started calling her ‘Masakalli’ and she finds it “really sweet”.
Talking of her co-star Abhishek, the actress says she had a “fabulous” time shooting with him.
“We share a great chemistry. He is young, but experienced enough and he guided me and helped me through scenes where I would get stuck. Besides, we had great fun on the sets.
“Every 10 days we used to have a dance party when we were shooting in Sambhar in Rajasthan. We used to have a DJ who used to play really bad Hindi songs from the 1980s and 90s and we used to dance all through the night,” said Sonam.
- Talkative Sonam, Bipasha bonded on 'Players' set - Dec 29, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor Bitten By Typhoid Bug Again - Oct 18, 2010
- Sonam surprised at being tagged 'sexy' - Dec 20, 2011
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Abhishek's survival tips for Sonam - Dec 23, 2011
- 'Sweetheart' Neil, 'darling' Sonam! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 07, 2011
- Constructive rage must find solutions: Shabana (Movie Snippets) - Jul 18, 2011
- I feel like I'm coming home: Sonali Bendre (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Item song' sounds derogatory: Kareena Kapoor - Mar 16, 2012
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- 'There can't be another Rakhi Sawant' (movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2011
- Bipasha scared of her own laughter - Jul 31, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor wants to play Anarkali with Abhishek as Salim - Aug 03, 2010
- Thanks to Sonam, Anil Kapoor gets invited to fashion events - Sep 10, 2012
- Bipasha's new year resolution - be a harmless liar - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, anil kapoor, aspiring singer, beautiful song, body language, chandni chowk, co star, conservative family, foodie, forthcoming film, karim, New Delhi, omprakash, small bird, societal norms, sonam kapoor, star kid, street food, vegetarian delicacies, wee bit