Sonam Kapoor features in Hollywood magazine (With Images)June 9th, 2009 - 5:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor, who turned 24 Tuesday, is on a roll. After becoming the face of global cosmetic brand L’Oreal in India, she has now featured in a special edition of Hollywood’s trade bible The Hollywood Reporter. She is thrilled by the recognition.
Sonam, who was seen in “Saawariya” and “Delhi-6″, has featured in The Hollywood Reporter’s inaugural “Next Generation: Asia Class of 2009″ magazine, which is a special issue devoted to Asia.
“It is pleasing to be recognised by Hollywood so early in my career, but my success is due to the enormous faith that the Indian film industry has placed in me and the great love that I have been lucky to get from my audiences,” Sonam said in press release.
“I am very gratified that such an influential Hollywood publication decided to honour me in this fashion. But given that the Hollywood Reporter issue was devoted to talent from all over Asia, I accepted the honour not just for myself but as representative of all the great new talent that the industry has seen in recent times,” she added.
Sonam’s name has been mentioned in the article about “the next generation of leaders in the rapidly evolving Asian entertainment sector”. The magazine also has a separate write-up on Sonam talking about her career, including her start as an assistant director to Sanjay Leela Bhansali in “Black”.
With her career going beyond Indian shores, actor Anil Kapoor’s daughter says she will give a nod to international cinema only if a project matches her criteria.
“My heart is in India. And the films we make here can stand comparison with those made anywhere in the world, including Hollywood. So if and when there is an offer from the West, I will judge it on the same criteria that I choose scripts - whether I believe in the story, the project and the people involved or not; and not just because it has come from Hollywood,” she said.
- Sonam Kapoor wins The Hollywood Reporter honour - Jun 10, 2009
- B-town wishes love, luck for Sonam's birthday - Jun 09, 2012
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- Ash, Sonam, Frieda set to dazzle on Cannes red carpet - Apr 22, 2011
- I'd get more time to promote 'Mausam': Sonam Kapoor - Sep 16, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor the Gen Next face for L'Oreal excited about Cannes 2009 - May 13, 2009
- Sonam Kapoor turns 26, gets chocolate cake from sister - Jun 09, 2011
- Abhay and I have similar acting styles: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 03, 2009
- Zohra Sehgal: Indian entertainment's 'laadli' turns 100 (With Image) - Apr 26, 2012
- I'm itching to direct: Sonam Kapoor (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- My mother is nucleus of my existence: Aishwarya (With Images) - Mar 23, 2012
- Friendship a liability in Bollywood: Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Interview) - Oct 15, 2011
- Sonam surprised at being tagged 'sexy' - Dec 20, 2011
- L’Oreal: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Still Continues To Be Our Spokesperson! - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: anil kapoor, asian entertainment, assistant director, audiences, class of 2009, cosmetic brand, enormous faith, generation asia, hollywood magazine, hollywood reporter, honour, indian film industry, international cinema, l oreal, New Delhi, next generation, nod, saawariya, sanjay leela bhansali, sonam kapoor