Sonali Bendre surprised to see hubby Goldie at LFWMarch 6th, 2012 - 12:44 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 5 (IANS) Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre, who was the show stopper for designer Siddhartha Tytler at Lakme Fashion Week 2012, was pleasantly surprised to see her husband Goldie Behl at the show.
Sonali Bendre told IANS, “He (Goldie) said he is not coming. It’s a pleasant surprise.”
The proud husband Goldie who walked in to encourage his wife, said, “Yes I wasn’t expected. I didn’t expect to attend, but we are both happy at this moment, and I thought of surprising her and congratulate Siddhartha.”
Sonali Bendre, who doesn’t generally walk the ramp for any designer, agreed to wear Siddhartha’s designs after wearing his clothes for four to five years.
“I don’t walk the ramp normally but I have been wearing Siddharth’s clothes for the last 4 to 5 years for all my shows from ‘Indian Idol’ to ‘India’s Got Talent’. I find them wearable, I love his cuts and I love the way he uses colors. I like his work and the finish,” Sonali told IANS.
She further added, “This year when he asked, could you be my show stopper I could not say no to him.”
Sonali Bendre dazzled the ramp wearing a black knee-length dress with an attractive sleeveless jacket which had colorful embroidery on it.
“She is wearing a jacket which has 30 panels. Each panel has been completely embroidered in different shapes. It was a fun piece to make it but not an easy piece at all,” designer Siddhartha said.
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- No more films for Sonali after 'Once Upon...' - Aug 22, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Designers, not celebrities in focus at LFW (Rerview) - Mar 07, 2012
- My husband thinks I should do films: Sonali Bendre - Jun 29, 2010
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Now filmmakers free to make genre-based movies: Goldie Behl - Feb 11, 2012
- Fashion goes beyond ramp; gets wearable, affordable (LFW Review) - Aug 08, 2012
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- I feel like I'm coming home: Sonali Bendre (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: actress sonali bendre, behl, colorful embroidery, different shapes, fashion week, goldie, hubby, indian idol, knee length, lfw, mumbai, proud husband, ramp, show stopper, siddhartha, sleeveless jacket, sonali bendre, surprise, tytler, wearing his clothes