Son will live with me for life, says PriceJuly 1st, 2011 - 9:21 am ICT by IANS
London, July 1 (IANS) Glamour model Katie Price says her disabled son Harvey will never be able to live alone and will probably live with her for life.
Harvey, Price’ eight-year-old child from her relationship with soccer player Dwight Yorke, was born with septo-optic dysplasia, meaning the nerves from his eyes to his brain developed incorrectly leaving him legally blind.
“He’ll probably live with me for life and I’m very strong about that. It’s easy for me to say because I’ve got the money, ‘Yeah put him in a home, you deal with him, I’ll see him at weekends.’ I won’t do that,” femelfirst.co.uk quoted the 33-year-old as saying.
“Considering I never thought he would even see, he knows his alphabet, he can write his name. So to me it’s fantastic. He’s come on really well. Harvey is my son and we have good days and bad days, funny days and challenging days. Regardless of what anyone says I love him to bits and he is perfect to me. I wouldn’t change him for the world,” she added.
- Katie Price files complaint against TV channel - Dec 10, 2010
- Leandro Penna is the best father, says Price - Aug 24, 2011
- Jordan slams Dwight as a bad dad and lousy lover - Sep 28, 2009
- Andre seeks ex-girlfriend's help in organising kids' party - Jun 12, 2011
- Dwight Yorke tells all about stormy time with Jordan in autobiography - Sep 27, 2009
- Jordan fumes at Dwight Yorke's claim on son - Oct 05, 2009
- Brooke Shields wants more kids - Dec 04, 2011
- Peter Andre hits back at Jordan, Dwight over kids' care - Sep 28, 2009
- Peter Andre and Katie Price to reunite - Dec 21, 2011
- Helen Staudinger fires a gun after being refused a kiss - Mar 23, 2011
- Peter Andre, Jordan fighting over kids - Dec 02, 2010
- Timberlake is Biel's fashion critic - Aug 02, 2012
- Furious Jordan files complaint over jokes about disabled son - Dec 10, 2010
- Peter Andre's legal bid to prove he's a good dad - Oct 05, 2010
- Andre looking for fun, not partner - Apr 10, 2012