Soha’s ‘Sahib…’ look modelled on Sharmila’s ‘Anupama’February 22nd, 2012 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 22 (IANS) The “Saheb, Biwi aur Gangster” sequel has got more interesting - Soha Ali Khan joins the cast as Irrfan Khan’s tormented wife. Her role would borrow quite a lot from “Anupama”, in which her mother, Sharmila Tagore, was seen as a suppressed daughter.But as Soha points out enigmatically: “Nothing and no one is ever how they seem. I’m very excited about the role.”
Adding to Soha’s excitement about being teamed up with the talented Irrfan for the first time is the fact that her look, body language, clothes and appearance would be modelled on her mother Sharmila in Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s 1960s’ classic “Anupama”. In the film Soha’s mother had played a suppressed daughter.
“Soha has just been added to ‘Sahib Bibi Aur Gangster 2′. After the surprisingly positive response to ‘Sahib Bibi Aur Gangster’, we want the sequel to be less budget-challenged, more glossy and viewer-friendly,” said Tigmanshu Dhuila, who is directing the film.
“We also needed to add more characters to carry the sequel forward. Jimmy Shergill, Mahie Gill and Randeep Hooda are back. But Irrfan and Soha play the other couple. Soha will play a very mysterious character.”
Tigmanshu was very impressed with Soha.
“When I met her, I found her to very unlike the typical Bollywood actor. She’s a very intelligent girl. Although the character is very different from her personality, she understood the requirements of her role immediately. I was stuck by how similar she looked to her beautiful mother. Yes, I’ve planned a very special look for Soha. I want her to look prettier than she has ever done.”
The film is being produced by Eros Entertainment.
- Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill - Feb 25, 2012
- Sunil Bohra to screen 'Sahib Biwi...' for Guru Dutt's family - Sep 24, 2011
- I opted out of 'Sahib Biwi...' sequel: Neil - Jan 28, 2012
- Ours is a sexually repressed society: Randeep Hooda - Sep 18, 2011
- Get ready for action, thrill, comedy this Friday - Sep 26, 2011
- Intimate scenes no big deal for Mahie, Randeep - Oct 05, 2011
- Tigmanshu Dhulia makes acting debut with 'Gangs of Wasseypur' - May 03, 2012
- 'Bold' Mahie not worried about being typecast - Feb 25, 2012
- Soha finds reality shows addictive - Aug 24, 2012
- Saif turns action hero in 'Bullet Raja' - Aug 11, 2012
- When Mahie got drunk on 'Sahib Biwi...' sets - Sep 21, 2011
- 'Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster': potent mix of passion, politics (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Sep 30, 2011
- Being a Khan doesn't guarantee success: Irrfan - Apr 16, 2012
- Soha misses school days, envies school-going children - Jul 16, 2012
- I want to explore myself as an actor: Mahie Gill - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: 1960s, anupama, beautiful mother, body language, bollywood actor, eros, excitement, gangster 2, hrishikesh mukherjee, intelligent girl, irrfan khan, jimmy shergill, mumbai, mysterious character, nothing and no one, randeep hooda, saheb, sequel, sharmila tagore, soha ali khan