Soha misses school days, envies school-going childrenJuly 16th, 2012 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) Student life is the best and actress Soha Ali Khan too agrees with it. She says she misses her school days and wishes she could go back to that life.
“I envy school-going children because I really miss those days when I used to go to school. I was an obedient student, good in studies and a regular participant in play and dramas,” the actress, who attended The British School in the capital, told reporters Monday.
Brand Ambassador of ITC classmate, Soha was here for ‘follow your heart’ talk series and addressed over 400 students on the importance of following one’s dreams and not getting pressurised by the set ways of the world.
Also present at the event were VJ Juhi Pande, Indian squash player Dipika Pallikal and journalist Mahrukh Rizvi. All four shared how they followed their dreams.
Talking about her acting assignments, the 33-year-old said she has finished shooting for “Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster” sequel and added: “It was a great experience working with (director) Tigmanshu Dhulia.”
Apart from that, she will be seen in Deepa Mehta-directed “Midnight’s Children”, an adaptation of Salman Rushdie’s bestseller of the same name.
She also talked about her bonding with brother, actor Saif Ali Khan and said that she doesn’t take advice “on acting” from him, but “when I am reading scripts and I am about to sign one, I do consult him”.
Saif doesn’t shy away from appreciating her work and vice versa.
In fact, Soha praised Saif’s work in “Cocktail” saying that she liked watching the romantic comedy and his performance.
However, when asked about Saif and Kareena Kapoor’s wedding, she feigned ignorance saying: “Everyone is asking me the same question, but actually I am also clueless. Actually, I am more confused now.”
- Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill - Feb 25, 2012
- Dhulia to shoot 'Milan Talkies' in February - Aug 13, 2012
- Soha's 'Sahib...' look modelled on Sharmila's 'Anupama' - Feb 22, 2012
- Saif turns action hero in 'Bullet Raja' - Aug 11, 2012
- Soha finds reality shows addictive - Aug 24, 2012
- There's no man without grey shades: Jimmy Shergill - Sep 24, 2011
- People from outside Mumbai are very rooted: Tigmanshu Dhulia (Interview) - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Bullet Raja' UP based, but different from 'Omkara': Saif - Sep 14, 2012
- Being a Khan doesn't guarantee success: Irrfan - Apr 16, 2012
- 'Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster': potent mix of passion, politics (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Sep 30, 2011
- Richa Chaddha to shoot for 'Ram Leela'? (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
- When Mahie got drunk on 'Sahib Biwi...' sets - Sep 21, 2011
- Not moving in with Soha, says Kunal Khemu - Jan 09, 2012
- Dipika reaches Gold Series semis, creates history - Aug 17, 2012
- I opted out of 'Sahib Biwi...' sequel: Neil - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: actor saif ali khan, adaptation, biwi, classmate, deepa mehta, feigned ignorance, gangster, heart talk, indian squash, itc, kareena kapoor, mahrukh rizvi, New Delhi, pressurised, romantic comedy, saif ali khan, salman rushdie, sequel, soha ali khan, squash player