Soha in no hurry to team up with mom again (With Images)May 12th, 2010 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, May 12 (IANS) Soha Ali Khan, who has just finished her first film with her mother Sharmila Tagore, is in no hurry to repeat the experience.
“It’s my first film with mom. Hopefully, we won’t have to to face the camera in a hurry again. In spite of having years of experience playing her daughter, the experience of doing it for the camera just unnerved me,” Soha, 31, told IANS.
Soha and Sharmila will be seen together in London-based Indian filmmaker Sangeeta Datta’s directorial venture “Life Goes On”, which is inspired by the old tale of King Lear and his daughters. Set in London, the film explores the relations between a grief stricken father, played by Girish Karnard, and his three daughters. Soha plays one of the daughters, while Sharmila will be seen as her mother in the movie.
“Normally when it comes to shooting, my mom is usually very hands-on. But this time she just let it be. She did take a keen interest in my clothes makeup, etc. But once we faced the camera, she let the director Sangeeta Dutta do all the directing,” said Soha.
The young actress entered showbiz in 2004 with “Dil Maange More” and has so far featured in 13 films including “Antar Mahal” (2005), “Rang De Basanti” (2006) and “Khoya Khoya Chand” (2007).
Soha says she listened to her mother about clothes. “Because she has a great taste. But it’s so morbid. I’ve become petrified about losing my mother after doing a film on a daughter losing her mom.”
As for love, Soha isn’t naming anyone. But she admits she’s not single.
“I’m seeing someone. It’s still in the early stages. And it’s great fun.”
- Soha Doesn't Want To Work With Mom Sharmila - May 12, 2010
- Working with ammi was bit scary: Soha Ali Khan - Mar 25, 2011
- Soha's 'Sahib...' look modelled on Sharmila's 'Anupama' - Feb 22, 2012
- Soha takes piano classes, pleases mommy dearest - Apr 11, 2012
- 'Life Goes On' - a poised, gentle look at the bereaved heart (IANS Movie Review - Rating ****) - Mar 26, 2011
- Sharmila-Soha starrer "Life..." set for North American release - Dec 02, 2010
- Film on Tagore to be made soon - Mar 27, 2011
- Why get so excited about Hollywood, asks Sharmila Tagore (Interview) - Mar 06, 2011
- Soha finally teams up with mom Sharmila Tagore for a film - Apr 27, 2009
- I hope next censor board chief is open-minded: Sharmila Tagore (Interview) - Mar 17, 2011
- Sharmila Tagore, Soha share screen in 'Life Goes On' - Nov 03, 2009
- Soha finds reality shows addictive - Aug 24, 2012
- Actress Soha Ali Khan talks about her forthcoming films in Delhi - Jul 31, 2010
- Bachchans head to London's Asian film fest - Mar 02, 2010
- I'm a disgrace to my maternal side: Soha - Jan 03, 2010
Tags: antar mahal, datta, directorial venture, great taste, hurry, indian filmmaker, keen interest, khoya khoya chand, king lear, mumbai, plays one, rang de basanti, sharmila tagore, showbiz, soha ali khan, spite, stricken father, subhash k jha, three daughters, young actress