Sofia Vergara clears ’skinny’ Pepsi ad controversyMarch 11th, 2011 - 5:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 11 (ANI): Sofia Vergara has denied rumours that advertising bosses had used digital technology to make her look thinner in a new advertising campaign for Pepsi.
She said that she looked slimmer in the photos because of a wardrobe choice.
The ‘Modern Family’ star is seen wearing a large blue hat and a revealing halter-neck top in the pictures to promote the drinks brand’s new Diet Pepsi Skinny Can.
The commercial, however, received criticism from critics and campaigners, who alleged computer wizardry was used to minimise Vergara’s curves, with a representative for The National Eating Disorders Association calling the advert ‘thoughtless and irresponsible’.
Vergara has now cleared the controversy, insisting the pictures have not been altered in any way.
“That is not true at all. I saw the pictures, and now with technology, they’re looking at it on the screen right after they take them. It was just a different way of dressing me,” the Daily Express quoted her, as telling the Boston Herald. (ANI)
- Sofia Vergara furious with 'skinny' Pepsi campaign - Mar 11, 2011
- Sofia Vergara digitally slimmed for new 'skinny' Pepsi ad? - Feb 19, 2011
- Sofia Vergara to host `Saturday Night Live' - Mar 13, 2012
- David Beckham joins Sofia Vergara on beach for Pepsi ad - Mar 30, 2011
- I was told to lose weight to be famous, says curvy Sofia Vergara - Feb 23, 2011
- Could 'skinny' diet Pepsi turn out to be a big fat faux pas? - Feb 12, 2011
- Sofia Vergara feels great to be sexy - Dec 07, 2011
- Sofia Vergara was nick-named 'toothpick' over her stick-thin figure as child - Feb 15, 2011
- Sofia Vergara sizzles with Becks in latest Pepsi ad - Apr 21, 2011
- Sofia Vergara Looks Sizzling As She Holidays in Italy - Jul 13, 2010
- Hrithik's Greek god looks, Barbara's attire for 'Kites', courtesy Varma (With Images) - May 21, 2010
- Sofia Vergara poses with son in new 'Got Milk?' ad - Oct 21, 2010
- Kim Kardashian tweets picture with Obama - Apr 30, 2012
- Sofia Vergara admits to naked run down Sunset Boulevard after Emmy win - Sep 21, 2010
- Sofia Vergara comes to the rescue of Ed O'NeillSofia Vergara Comes To The Rescue Of Ed O'Neill - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: advert, advertising campaign, blue hat, boston herald, campaigners, computer wizardry, controversy, daily express, diet pepsi, digital technology, drinks, eating disorders association, halter neck top, london, national eating disorders association, new advertising, pepsi, s curves, sofia vergara, wardrobe