Sofia Coppola considered directing final ‘Twilight’ filmsSeptember 9th, 2010 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Sept 9 (ANI): Hollywood director Sofia Coppola has revealed that she wanted to direct the final ‘Twilight’ films because her friend’s children love the vampire franchise so much.
The Academy Award winner was rumoured to be in talks to helm the last two movies in the series, ‘Breaking Dawn’ parts one and two, but the job ended up going to Bill Condon.
Sofia has now confirmed she seriously considered taking on the series because she knew it would thrill her pal’s kids and her daughters Romy and Cosima when they were old enough to see it.
Sofia was also keen to work with the franchise’s stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart because she is so impressed with their performances as vampire Edward Cullen and high school student Bella Swan.
“Yeah, yeah, I talked to them about that,” Stuff.co.nz quoted her as telling MTV News.
“I was interested in doing something but I didn’t end up doing it. But I love, I’m impressed by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson pulling it off in that whole story.
“And my friend’s kids love the story so much that I thought it would be fun to make something that they love so much,” she said. (ANI)
- Lady Gaga defends Kristen Stewart - Jul 27, 2012
- Kristen looks like an alien: Pattinson - Sep 07, 2011
- Intimate scene was surreal: Kristen Stewart - Nov 15, 2011
- Stewart apologises to Pattinson - Jul 26, 2012
- Argentine actress thrilled to sing, act in `Twilight' - Nov 19, 2011
- Kristen Stewart just loves vampires! - Aug 13, 2011
- Pattinson calls girlfriend 'sexy goddess' - Dec 06, 2011
- Stewart reveals top directors line-up for 'Twilight' finale - Mar 17, 2010
- Stewart and I are technically married: Pattinson - Oct 30, 2011
- Pattinson hopes 'Twilight' love scene works - Oct 28, 2011
- Stewart moved by wedding gown - Jan 06, 2012
- Pattinson, Stewart hit the gym before intimate scene - Nov 07, 2011
- Would love to work with SRK: 'Twilight' star Kristen Stewart - Oct 30, 2011
- Ashley Greene Speaks About Boyfriend And 'Breaking Dawn' On George Lopez Show - Nov 26, 2010
- Kristen Stewart has new Twilight love rival - Oct 11, 2010
Tags: academy award winner, bill condon, breaking dawn, films, franchise, helm, hollywood, hollywood director, job, kristen stewart, mtv, mtv news, robert pattinson, sofia coppola, swan, twilight, wellington