Socialite Paris Hilton sued for million for $35 million by Hairtech International Inc.August 13th, 2010 - 1:48 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Aug 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Socialite Paris Hilton has been sued to the tune of $35 million and that too for wearing the wrong hair. It may be recalled that Hairtech International Incorporation manufactures hair extensions and they had signed a contract with Paris Hilton to advertise their product for $3.5 million.
However they were aghast when she sported the locks of one of their competitors in 2008. They paid her to advertise their product but instead she turned up in the fake locks of one of their competitors. And that is not all. Paris Hilton also managed to miss the launch party of the hair extensions line because she was in prison. It ought to be mentioned that she was arrested in 2007 when she driving on a suspended license, while being on probation and had to spend almost a month locked away. Officials of the company also allege that because of Paris’ no-show at the launch party, they suffered losses up to the tune of $6.6 million.
So Hairtech International Incorporation weren’t very happy with her breach of contract and they filed a lawsuit against her, worth 10 times the amount that they her paid in the first place.
There has been no official comment from Paris Hilton or her publicist Dawn Miller regarding the matter.
- Hilton embroiled in $35mn hair extension lawsuit - Aug 12, 2010
- Paris Hilton brushes off $35m hair lawsuit - Mar 09, 2011
- Paris Hilton facing $35 million lawsuit for wearing wrong hair extensions - Aug 13, 2010
- Hair extensions firm sues Paris Hilton for $35m - Aug 12, 2010
- Lawsuit Worth $35 Million Launched Against The Wealthy Socialite, Paris Hilton - Aug 12, 2010
- Paris Hilton to fight contract breach charge - Aug 14, 2010
- Paris Hilton countersues hair extension firm - Nov 25, 2010
- Paris Hilton's tangled hair deal could cost her $70m - Dec 30, 2010
- Paris Hilton to visit Mumbai - Sep 06, 2011
- Paris Hilton Owes $160,000 To World Entertainment Group? - Sep 07, 2010
- Nicky Hilton sues ex-business partner for $5 mn - May 14, 2012
- Paris Hilton does a Marilyn Monroe - Aug 11, 2010
- Hilton to launch skin care products - Apr 25, 2011
- Paris Hilton learnt life's lessons in her 'crazy 20s' - Feb 19, 2011
- Paris Hilton sued over borrowed jewels - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: 5 million, 6 million, breach of contract, dawn miller, driving on a suspended license, hair extensions, international incorporation, launch party, locks, losses, paris hilton, probation, publicist, socialite paris hilton