Social networking gives me real feedback: Priyanka Chopra (Interview)May 13th, 2011 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) With over a million followers on Twitter, and over two million on Facebook, Bollywood’s social-networking queen Priyanka Chopra says she feels loved and that these platforms not just bring her a step closer to her fans, but also helps her in getting direct feedback.
“Social-networking is a great way to stay in touch with what’s happening in the world, to understand what people are thinking, discussing, doing etc. It’s also a great way to get real feedback about my work,” Priyanka told IANS.
The 28-year-old former beauty queen is quite a hit on the web, and says it’s a “great feeling”.
“I feel very loved. I don’t see it as some sort of feat that has been achieved… it’s not about the numbers for me, it’s about connecting with people from all over the globe, from all walks of life. I like to interact on these platforms and I’m just glad that I have such a large circle of people that I can connect with on a regular basis… with no one in between,” she said.
Priyanka, who is busy shooting for Karan Johar’s remake of “Agneepath”, also feels a strong connect with some of those who regularly post to her.
“I now actually know the names and faces of so many people who have reached out to me on these platforms. Many of them are regularly in touch with their viewpoints, questions and sometimes just lovely words of encouragement. It’s my way of seeing their faces and hearing their voices, which I would not have been able to do otherwise,” she said.
Priyanka feels these websites are like a fridge, which we keep opening every now and then to check if there is something new. But she updates her posts only when she really wants to.
“I access both very regularly, if not to connect but simply to read about what everyone is up to. But I tweet and post when I feel like sharing something…there are no rules that I follow. Also, sometimes I have nothing much to say and don’t believe in spamming anyone’s timelines with random posts or tweets just for the sake of posting,” she said.
Lately, Priyanka has not been tweeting too often - and a lot of it is to do with her busy schedule.
After shooting the “Agneepath” remake, she will move immediately into shooting for Kunal Kohli’s next venture, in which she will feature with Shahid Kapoor. She also has “Don 2″, “Krrish 2″ and “Barfee” in the pipeline. Quite a range, isn’t it?
“I can’t speak for others but when it comes to me and my choices, I have always liked
to push the boundaries, try new things, and to challenge myself. There are no set rules and guidelines… it’s each to their own.
“I think the audience is accepting and appreciative of anything you do as long as you do it well,” said the national award winning actress, who successfully carried 12 different avatars in “What’s Your Rashee??” and seven different looks in “Saat Khoon Maaf”.
Thanks to her choc-a-block schedule, a relaxing summer vacation seems like a distant dream for Priyanka.
“All my films are being shot back to back. If I’m lucky, I may get a few days off on my birthday (July 18)! But I’m not complaining. When I think I really need a vacation, I will make the time for it. Right now, I’m enjoying every moment of the work I’m doing,” she said.
- Shilpa goes gaga over 'Agneepath' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 29, 2012
- No 'Agneepath' shoot, so Priyanka prepares for 'Barfee' - Mar 23, 2011
- Shobhaa De takes a dig at Cannes-returned Minissha (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2011
- Go, rule the music world: Bollywood tells Priyanka - Aug 05, 2011
- On or off shoot, Bollywood celebs catch India-Pakistan match - Mar 30, 2011
- No time for boredom: Priyanka - Apr 12, 2012
- It's good to be bad, says Priyanka - Jan 17, 2012
- Don't want to only do remakes: Hrithik Roshan - Jan 13, 2012
- Badami makes Akshay sentimental (Movie Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Priyanka's stress buster - quality time with parents - Dec 27, 2011
- No shoulder surgery for Shabana (Movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2011
- Karan Malhotra's wife Ekta to turn director - Aug 24, 2012
- It's Hrithik, not Abhishek in 'Agneepath' remake - Oct 20, 2010
- Bhandarkar doesn't believe in remakes - Jan 13, 2012
- Preity feels thinnest, loses 10 kg in two years - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: beauty queen, bollywood, faces, followers, fridge, globe, karan johar, lovely words, New Delhi, platforms, priyanka chopra, social networking, twitter, two million, viewpoints, voices, walks of life, words of encouragement