So You Think You Can Dance Top 16July 1st, 2011 - 12:26 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
June 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Last week on ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, not one but two couples were sent home. This was due to the fact that no one had been eliminated during the previous week. That meant the show for this week would feature the performances and elimination for the top sixteen dancers.
The first couple to perform were Shasha and Alexander, who performed a contemporary dance which was choreographed by Dee Caspary. They danced to the song “Belong” by the Cary Brothers. Nigel felt it was a good start to the show, and Kristin loved Alex. Lil C would love to see more of them. By the time the eliminations came, Sasha and Alexander were safe.
Caitlynn and Mitchell came next with a samba by Jean Marc Genereuax. Their dance was to the song “Put it in a Love Song” by Alicia Keys and Beyonce. Mary felt that it was spectacular, Kristin was thrilled and Lil C said that they had killed it. Nigel loved it as well. Although loved by the judges, Caitlynn and Mitchell were in the bottom three during eliminations.
Miranda and Robert did a Broadway number to the son “It Don’t Mean a Think if You Ain’t Got That Swing.” It was choreographed by Tyce Diorio. Kristin had nothing bad to say, Lil C loved them both, Nigel felt that Miranda had grown more than anyone else so far this season. Miranda and Robert were also in the bottom three, however.
Melanie and Marko danced a hip hop style to the song “I’ve Got You” by Leona Lewis. Tabith and Napoleon created their performance. Lil C felt they were a power couple. Mary loved the,, and Nigel felt that it was brilliant and agreed with Lil C. In the eliminations, Marko and Melanie were safe.
Ashley and Chris danced a jazz routine to “Lights go Down,” which was choreographed by Sonya. Nigel could not connect with the music. Mary felt that they had pulled it off, however. Kristin was amazed, but also did not connect to it. Ashley and Chris were next in the bottom three.
Clarice and Jess were also safe after their foxtrot to the song “Fly Me to the Moon. All of the judges were pleased with their performance which was created by Jean Marc Genereuax. Ryan and Ricky danced a Contemporary routine to the song “With Every Heartbeat” which was also choreographed by Sonya. The judges were pleased with their performance as well, and they were also safe.
Jordon and Tadd were the last couple of the night. Their hip hop routine to the song “Memories” was choreographed by Tabitha. Mary and Kristen liked it better than Nigel, but the couple was safe.
Ashley, Miranda, Caitlynn, Chris, Mitchell, and Robert all had to dance for their lives. When the eliminations ended, Miranda and Robert were going home.
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Dance...Again - Jun 27, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance Top 12 Perform - Jul 14, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Double Elimination - Jun 27, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 10 Revealed! - Jul 15, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 6 Revealed! - Jul 29, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: America Shocks the Judges! - Jul 08, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 14 Performs - Jul 07, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 6 & 7 - Jun 19, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Last Dance, Winner Revealed! - Aug 12, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Revealed - Jun 12, 2011
- DWTS: Emotional Trip Down Memory Lane - Oct 05, 2011
- Dancing With The Stars: Who Goes Home? - Oct 12, 2011
- The Winner Of "So You ThinK You Can Dance" : Russell Ferguson - Dec 17, 2009
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 2 - Jun 02, 2011
- Dancing With the Stars: Season Premiere & Results - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: alicia keys, cary brothers, clarice, contemporary dance, dee caspary, eliminations, hip hop style, jean marc, leona lewis, love song, marko, music mary, news last week, power couple, sasha, shasha, so you think you can dance, sonya, two couples, tyce diorio