So You Think You Can Dance Top 12 PerformJuly 14th, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
July 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The performances last night on ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ would determine exactly which couple would be this season’s top ten…which is a very big deal. Sonya, Mary and Nigel were all there to judge the show along with guest judge Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
The first dance of the night was ‘Sasha and Alexander’s’ paso doble which was created by Melanie and Tony. It seems to tell the story of two people who cannot stand each other, but then suddenly feel the passion and fire of love…complete with a hot kiss. Nigel loved it, although he felt it was a little sloppy. Mary screamed her high pitched squeal of delight. Jesse called it brilliant and Sonya loved it. For their second dance, Sasha and Alexander did a Broadway routine which was choreographed by Tyce. All of the judge loved this one.
‘Jordan and Tadd’ danced a contemporary routine which Travis choreographed. Once again, Mary’s high pitched scream rang out. Sonya said that it was full of true conviction and that they were unstoppable. Jesse, once again said it was brilliant, and added that it was beautiful as well. For their second dance of the night, Jordan and Tadd did one of Spencer’s Broadway routines. It did not impress the judges.
‘Ricky and Ryan’ went next with a Broadway routine which Jesse felt could have been better. Sonya agreed that it was not their best. Nigel was afraid that the audience did not connect with it, but he hoped he was wrong, and Mary admitted that she wanted to see much more than this from them. Their second dance, a cha cha by Louis was much better, and all of the judges seemed to love it.
‘Caitlynn and Mitchell’ came out with a routine by Christopher Scott which represented the children from the countries of Northern Uganda and Congo where a useless war is being fought. It was a great routine, but did not seem to be about a war. Sonya said it seemed to get lost in translation. Nigel agreed that the routine did not work for them. Mary said it was strong and respectable, and although Jesse did not see the war… he did love the moves. For their second routine, Caitlynn and Mitchell performed a 70’s style dance which was created by Travis. The judges were thrilled by it!
For their first dance, ‘Melanie and Marko’ did a tango by Louis Van Amstel. Nigel loved it and said that they acted as if they were on speed. Mary screamed again, Jesse loved it, and Sonya called it “sick.” For their second dance, ‘Melanie and Marko’ brought a contemporary dance to the show which really touched the heart. It told the story of wanting to help someone and not being able to. Jesse called it his new favorite and said it gave him goosebumps. Nigel said it was magical. Sonya shared that this kind of dance inspires her, and Mary loved it.
‘Clarice and Jess’ danced to a Christopher Scott routine to the Brino Mars song ‘Just the Way You Are’. Mary called it amazing, Jesse said it made him feel happy, and now he wants Clarice in his life. Sonya felt that it was adorable, and Nigel said it was lovely. The second dance of the night by Clarice and Jess was also the night’s last dance. It was a jive which Sonya loved. Nigel loves it as well, and hopes they make it through. Mary liked it as well, and Jesse said that he enjoyed it too.
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 10 Revealed! - Jul 15, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Last Dance, Winner Revealed! - Aug 12, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance Top 16 - Jul 01, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: America Shocks the Judges! - Jul 08, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 14 Performs - Jul 07, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 6 Revealed! - Jul 29, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Dance...Again - Jun 27, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Double Elimination - Jun 27, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 6 & 7 - Jun 19, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 2 - Jun 02, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance Season 6 Episode 17 - Nov 25, 2009
- So You Think You Can Dance - Top Ten Perform - Dec 02, 2009
- So You Think Can Dance - The Last Dance - Dec 16, 2009
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Revealed - Jun 12, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 4 - Jun 09, 2011
Tags: cha cha, ferguson, first dance, guest judge, hot kiss, jesse tyler, judge jesse, july 14, lost in translation, melanie, northern uganda, paso doble, ricky, sasha, scream, second dance, so you think you can dance, squeal, tadd, true conviction