So You Think You Can Dance: Top 10 Revealed!July 15th, 2011 - 2:27 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
July 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Last night on ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ it was the results show for the top twelve contestants…meaning that the top 10 would be reveled, which is a very important step in the season. The judges, Mary, Nigel, and Sonya were all there for the performances on the previous night, as well as the weekly guest judge, Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
After dancing to a routine which had been created by Christopher Scott, and another which was the last dance of the night, Clarice and Jess had made the judges extremely happy on performance night, so it was no surprise that they were safe last night.
Caitlynn and Mitchell were not quite so lucky, however. Their routine the previous night was supposed to represent the war in Northern Uganda and the Congo, and the effect that this senseless war was having on the children of those countries. None of the judges got the message from the dance, however. Their second routine of the night was choreographed by Travis, and better liked by the judges, but they were still in the bottom three last night.
Ryan and Ricky were also in the bottom three last night after dancing a Broadway routine the night before which none of the judges were really fond of. Although their second dance, a cha cha, was more well received by the judges, it was not enough to keep them out of danger.
The news was better for Melanie and Marko, who danced a tango on performance night. All of the judges loved the dance as well as their second performance, which was a heart warming contemporary dance. They were safe. Jordan and Tadd were also safe after their two dances from the previous night. They danced a contemporary routine first which was well liked by the judges, and then a Broadway dance which the judges were not so thrilled with.
The last couple in the bottom three last night on ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ results show was Sasha and Alexander. This was quite surprising since the judges loved both of their performances from the previous night.
By the end of the night, after they had each “danced for their lives,” one boy and one girl from the bottom three couples were chosen to go home. Ryan was chosen unanimously by all of the judges as the girl who would go home. Alexander was chosen by a 3-1 vote as the boy to go home. That leaves us with our top ten for Season 8 of So You Think You Can Dance. Clarice, Jess, Caitlynn, Mitchell, Melanie, Marko, Ricky, Jordan, Tadd, and Sasha are all the top ten contestants for this season!
- So You Think You Can Dance Top 16 - Jul 01, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: America Shocks the Judges! - Jul 08, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 6 Revealed! - Jul 29, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance Top 12 Perform - Jul 14, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Dance...Again - Jun 27, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Double Elimination - Jun 27, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Last Dance, Winner Revealed! - Aug 12, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 6 & 7 - Jun 19, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 14 Performs - Jul 07, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 2 - Jun 02, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Revealed - Jun 12, 2011
- DWTS: Emotional Trip Down Memory Lane - Oct 05, 2011
- Dancing With the Stars: Season Premiere & Results - Sep 21, 2011
- DWTS: Who's Going Home? - Sep 28, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance Season 6 Episode 17 - Nov 25, 2009
Tags: broadway dance, cha cha, clarice, contemporary dance, dances, guest judge, jess, jesse tyler, judge jesse, last dance, marko, northern uganda, performa, performance night, sasha, second dance, senseless war, so you think you can dance, sonya, tadd