So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 4June 9th, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
June 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Last night, during the fourth episode of ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Season 8, the show went to Vegas, with judges Adam Shankman, Robin Antin, Debbie Allan, Tyce Diorio, and of course, Mary and Nigel. This group of judges made the decisions of a lifetime for a whole new set of auditions, which started off with Iveta Lukosiute, who was in Vegas for the third time.
Iveta’s attire was not really the kind of clothing you’d expect for the SYTYCD auditions. She was more scantily clad, such as for a gentlemen’s club, but the judges did not seem to notice, and sent her through to the next round. The next contestant, however, did get the judges eye with the unitard, which was “too distracting. Marlon Pelayo is out because of the outfit.
During the subsequent auditions, one hundred and fourteen people are moved on ahead, while forty six have been eliminated. Chyna Smith moved up, after a second chance form the judges, and Hero McRae is out. Patty Anne Miller, Mary Kate Sheehan, Princess Lockeroo, and Kristen Dobson were also sent home. Along with Chyna Smith and Iveta, six other dancers were sent on through to the next round after their second chance dance.
Natalia and Josh Williams struggle with the dance routine which was choreographed by Robin, all due to Natalia’s stature being larger than Josh. Instead of sending her home, however, the judges ive her a second chance as well, with a new, stronger partner, Bryce Johnson, aka The Professor. She was sent through to the next round. After suffering a medical problem, Natalia was cleared by a doctor to dance, but revealed that she has diabetes. Both Natalia and her sister were sent through to the next round.
The pressure was on for eighteen year old Alexis Mason, whose sister, Jeanine Mason has already won ‘So You Think You Can Dance’. The judges seem to feel that she does not show enough “flair” and that she is too serious. Nigel also suggested that she is perhaps a bit immature for the show. Alexis was given the chance to dance for her life. Her performance managed to sway the judges enough to send her through, with Nigel saying no, but Mary, Debbie, and Tyce saying yes. In her final performance, however, she was eliminated, as was Kimalee Piedad, Chase Thomas and Amber Williams.
By the end of the show, there were only thirty one dancers remaining, from which the top twenty will be chosen. Be sure to tune in tonight and see who they will be.
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 2 - Jun 02, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance Top 12 Perform - Jul 14, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 6 Revealed! - Jul 29, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance Top 16 - Jul 01, 2011
- SYTYCD Season 7 Changes: Mia Michaels Replaces Mary Murphy & Much More! - May 28, 2010
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 14 Performs - Jul 07, 2011
- X Factor: Top 16 Revealed! - Oct 19, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Dance...Again - Jun 27, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 6 & 7 - Jun 19, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Last Dance, Winner Revealed! - Aug 12, 2011
- Foreign dancers on 'Jhalak...' get taste of Bollywood, tandoori chicken! (With Images) - Sep 07, 2012
- American Idol: Milwaukee Auditions - Jan 27, 2011
- Gaga to guest judge dance show - Jul 05, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: America Shocks the Judges! - Jul 08, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Revealed - Jun 12, 2011
Tags: adam shankman, anne miller, bryce johnson, dance routine, dobson, group of judges, jeanine, josh williams, mary kate, medical problem, natalia, pelayo, robin antin, season 8, second chance, sheehan, so you think you can dance, stature, tyce diorio, unitard