Snyder to direct new ‘Superman’ movieOctober 5th, 2010 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 5 (IANS) American filmmaker Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct the new “Superman” film ahead of a list of directors including Darren Aronofsky and Ben Affleck.
The “Sucker Punch” director, who fought off a long list of people including Aronofsky and Affleck to land the role revealed he cannot wait to start work on the Christopher Nolan produced project, reports contactmusic.com.
“I’ve been a big fan of the character for a long time, he’s definitely the king of all superheroes, he’s the one. It’s early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I’ve always felt he was kind of awesome. I’ll finish ‘Sucker Punch’ and get right at it,” said the director.
Zack, who has also directed “300″ and “Watchmen” admitted he didn’t know why he had been chosen to direct the movie but said he is ready for the challenge.
“I can’t say why they came to me other than the fact that they know I have a fondness for the character and a real desire to understand him and present him to a new audience… It is a hard character to crack,” he said.
Christopher Nolan along with wife and producing partner Emma Thomas will produce the movie based on a script written by his brother Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer. Legendary Pictures’ Thomas Tull will be the executive producer.
“Mad Men” star Jon Hamm is the favourite to star as the superhero, despite claiming he has been “aged out of the competition”.
The untitled movie is set for a 2012 release.
- Zack Snyder to direct new Superman movie - Oct 05, 2010
- Zack Snyder Directing New Superman Flick - Oct 05, 2010
- British Actor Henry Cavill Lands Role In "Superman: Man of Steel" - Feb 01, 2011
- General Zod To Play Villain In Upcoming Superman Flick - Oct 06, 2010
- Punch line missing in 'Sucker Punch' (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 25, 2011
- Nolan taking inspiration from 'Superman' for remake - Jun 29, 2010
- Abbie Cornish delights all in 'Sucker Punch' - Mar 22, 2011
- Ben Affleck to direct 'Justice League' - Aug 09, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Darren Aronofsky might direct latest 'Superman' film - Sep 28, 2010
- Mad Men star Jon Hamm is on a press tour to promote his new movie - 'The Tour' - Sep 19, 2010
- Jon Hamm says 'he is too old to play Superman' - Sep 20, 2010
- Portman slams superhero rumours - Jan 03, 2011
- Hudgens hopes to get image makeover with 'Sucker Punch' - Mar 27, 2011
- Charles Rovan: 'The Dark Knight Rises' And 'Man Of Steel' To Be Kept At Bay From Each Other - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: american filmmaker, ben affleck, brother jonathan, christopher nolan, darren aronofsky, david goyer, emma thomas, executive producer, fondness, jon hamm, jonathan nolan, legendary pictures, mad men, new superman movie, oct 5, real desire, sucker punch, thomas tull, watchmen, zack snyder