Snoop Dogg lands in court for assaultApril 27th, 2009 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 27 (ANI): Snoop Dogg has landed in a Californian court to face a civil lawsuit filed by a man who claims he was assaulted by the rapper during a concert in 2005.
Richard Monroe, Jr. alleged that the hip-hop star had struck him with a microphone after he jumped on stage of the White River Amphitheater on the outskirts of Seattle, Washington.
Monroe claimed during the opening hearing, in Santa Monica on April 24, the singer’s security guards later gave him a brutal beating.
“I was getting punched, kicked, kicked, punched. It was brutal. I was really in shock. I couldn’t believe it,” the Daily Star quoted Monroe as saying.
The star’s legal team, on the other hand, snubbed the claims, saying their client believed he was being attacked when Monroe jumped on stage out of nowhere.
The attorney further insisted that Monroe’s alleged injuries were not “evidence of someone who was savagely beaten”.
Monroe is seeking 22 million dollars in damages and punitive penalties from Snoop Dogg who is expected to testify during the trial that will last a week. (ANI)
- Snoop Dogg dismisses assault claims - Apr 28, 2009
- Snoop Dogg plans to launch talent show - May 19, 2011
- Snoop Dogg turns down 'X Factor' - Apr 05, 2011
- Hip-hop artist Nate Dogg dies at 41 - Mar 17, 2011
- Snoop Dogg to star in sitcom - Oct 07, 2011
- Sheen to collaborate with Snoop Dogg - Apr 01, 2011
- Snoop Dogg wants to rap with David Beckham - Apr 21, 2010
- Snoop Dogg abuses Kim Kardashian - Jan 29, 2012
- Aston Kutcher, Demi Moore join Snoop Dogg onstage in Las Vegas - Aug 31, 2010
- Beckham offered rap lessons by Snoop Dogg - Apr 21, 2010
- Katy Perry calls Snoop Dogg smoke monster! - Jun 02, 2010
- Snoop Dogg wants to judge 'American Idol' - Aug 03, 2012
- Charlie Sheen booed off stage in Detroit - Apr 03, 2011
- Snoop Dogg wins over $72,000 on 'The Price is Right' - Jan 03, 2012
- Snoop Dogg under fire for promoting alcoholic energy drink - Mar 26, 2011
Tags: april 24, californian, civil lawsuit, daily star, damages, hip hop star, london, microphone, million dollars, outskirts, santa monica, seattle washington, security guards, shock, snoop dogg, white river amphitheater