Snoop Dogg joins Nation Of IslamMarch 3rd, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, March 3 (ANI): Snoop Dogg witnessed the Nation of Islam convention at an annual event in Rosemont, Illinois on March 1.
The rapper, born as Calvin Broadus, was spotted applauding minister Louis Farrakhans speech during the Saviours” Day meeting.
The 37-year-old showered praises on Farrakhan along with inviting others to join the movement.
“When you get a speech from Minister Farrakhan it’’s about a mirror, it’’s about looking at yourself, Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
It’’s about seeing yourself and what you can do to better the situation… We”re doing a lot of wrongs among ourselves that need correcting,” he added.
On being questioned if he would consider converting to the Nation of Islam, he added: “I”m already in the Nation, that’’s why I”m here. I”m an advocate for peace. I”ve been in the peace movement ever since I”ve been making music.
“My whole thing is not about really trying to push my thing on you. It’’s just about the way I live, and I live how I”m supposed to live as far as doing what’’s right and representing what’’s right. That’’s why I was here today.” (ANI)
- Actress Cameron Diaz confesses that she used to buy drugs from Snoop Dogg in school - Jan 21, 2011
- Daughter's illness saved my marriage: Snoop Dogg - Jul 08, 2010
- Snoop Dogg wants to rap with David Beckham - Apr 21, 2010
- Snoop Dogg's U.K ban lifted - Mar 30, 2010
- Snoop Dogg needs weed for inspiration - Aug 06, 2012
- Snoop Dogg to launch premium cigars - Jan 21, 2012
- Snoop Dogg to record duet with Susan Boyle - Apr 12, 2010
- Dr Dre's upcoming album based on the sounds of planets - Aug 09, 2010
- Snoop Dogg plans to launch talent show - May 19, 2011
- British Muslim, a Miss Universe contender, gets death threat - Mar 20, 2011
- Marijuana Devotee, Snoop Dogg, Banned From Delivering A Rendition At A Dutch Music Carnival - Jun 18, 2010
- Beckham offered rap lessons by Snoop Dogg - Apr 21, 2010
- Vanessa Paradis doesn't care about ageing - Jun 06, 2011
- Winslet feels guilty about free time - Apr 19, 2011
- Tara Reid enjoys getting older - Apr 03, 2012