Snoop Dogg dismisses assault claimsApril 28th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 28 (ANI): Snoop Dogg has told jurors in a California court that he didn’t hit a man during a 2005 concert in Washington.
The rap star is being sued by Richard Monroe Jr, who claims that Dogg and his entourage seriously injured him when he came on stage during a concert in Seattle.
However, Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, has denied the allegations, insisting he went back to his tour bus immediately after Monroe jumped on stage and was tackled by security.
He added that Monroe has only himself to blame for whatever injuries he may have sustained and added that he should not have gotten onstage.
“The best way for the injuries not to have occurred (was) for him (Monroe) to stay in his seat and enjoy the show like the rest of the fans,” Contactmusic quoted Dogg as telling the court.
Monroe is seeking 22 million dollars in damages from the rapper. (ANI)
- Snoop Dogg wants to rap with David Beckham - Apr 21, 2010
- Snoop Dogg lands in court for assault - Apr 27, 2009
- Daughter's illness saved my marriage: Snoop Dogg - Jul 08, 2010
- Marijuana Devotee, Snoop Dogg, Banned From Delivering A Rendition At A Dutch Music Carnival - Jun 18, 2010
- Actress Cameron Diaz confesses that she used to buy drugs from Snoop Dogg in school - Jan 21, 2011
- Sheen to collaborate with Snoop Dogg - Apr 01, 2011
- Snoop Dogg's food joint? - Jul 02, 2011
- Jay-Z tops Forbes' 'Richest Rappers' list - Aug 18, 2010
- Aston Kutcher, Demi Moore join Snoop Dogg onstage in Las Vegas - Aug 31, 2010
- Rapper Nate Dogg dies at the age of 41 years - Mar 16, 2011
- Snoop Dogg gets permission to enter Britain - Mar 04, 2010
- Snoop Dogg's U.K ban lifted - Mar 30, 2010
- Will Smith's son not forming rap group - Jul 09, 2010
- Snoop Dogg under fire for promoting new fruity alcoholic drink 'Blast' - Apr 23, 2011
- Snoop Dogg banned from Norway following drug bust - Jul 30, 2012