Snoop Dogg banned from The Hague festivalJune 18th, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
The Hague, Jun 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rapper Snoop Dogg has been banned from performing at The Hague festival. The ministry officials were of the opinion that the performer is ‘inappropriate’ for the Dutch festival, which would be held on the 27th of June. This news has been confirmed on the website of the festival. The organizers of the festival clarified on the website that they didn’t have a say in the matter, and are merely abiding by the decision taken by the police officials and the ministry.
After banning him, the organizers of the music festival were in a tizzy, as they also had to find a replacement for him, on such a short notice. Apart from axing Snoop Dogg’s show, the rest of the itinerary of the festival is intact, and hasn’t been changed.
The Mayor – Jozias van Aartsen gave an explanation for banning Snoop Dogg and said that it was done, because his presence at the festival was in contrast with “the open and friendly character” of the free festival. However the council members of the Dutch city were shocked at the ban, and they added that they didn’t think that the singer was a threat to their nation.
Recently Britain had also banned Snoop Dogg, but they later relented and gave him the permission to perform in their country.
- Snoop Dogg Banned From Dutch Music Festival - Jun 18, 2010
- Ravi lauds Indian Diaspora - Sep 26, 2011
- Marijuana Devotee, Snoop Dogg, Banned From Delivering A Rendition At A Dutch Music Carnival - Jun 18, 2010
- Snoop Dogg tried to rent a country for his video - Jun 30, 2010
- Snoop Dogg's food joint? - Jul 02, 2011
- Snoop Dogg banned from Norway following drug bust - Jul 30, 2012
- Rapper Nate Dogg dies at the age of 41 years - Mar 16, 2011
- Snoop Dogg to perform at Kate Moss's wedding - May 23, 2011
- Snoop Dogg wants to judge 'American Idol' - Aug 03, 2012
- Hague approves largest Hindu temple complex in mainland Europe - Feb 20, 2011
- Snoop Dogg banned from Norway - Jul 30, 2012
- Jessica Mauboy paid Snoop Dogg hefty sum to rap - Nov 04, 2010
- Hip-hop artist Nate Dogg dies at 41 - Mar 17, 2011
- Charlie is not normal, says Snoop Dogg - Apr 02, 2011
- Snoop Dogg to launch premium cigars - Jan 21, 2012