SNL pokes fun at the TSA security procedures with their skitNovember 23rd, 2010 - 8:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Nov 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) SNL revealed the funny side of the new airport security measures. In a sketch called “Message from the TSA”, SNL produced a comical insight into what the new procedures were all about.
The sketch produced an advertisement from the TSA on the controversial procedures. The advertisement said the full body scanners and the “enhanced” pat-downs were new ways that the TSA wanted to “get contact” in “special places” with lonely travelers. Well that is some kind of contact because the full body scanner renders the traveler naked and the “enhanced” pat-down involved groping and ball touching.
The sketch was played by Kristen Wiig, Abby Elliot, Nasim Pedrad and Keenan Thompson. They were all dressed like TSA agents. The sketch starts off with Kristen asking in the skit if a passenger is feeling lonely. Abby also asks if the traveler is looking for human interaction before Nasim chips in with “Do you want to feel contact in certain special places?”
Though the sketch was very humorous, the real security checks at the airports are not that funny. It has already caused a lot of controversy with some agents accused of abusing passengers. The TSA maintains that the new checks are necessary to ensure that Americans and travelers for that matter are protected.
- "Saturday Night Live" Parodies TSA Controversy In Their Skit - Nov 23, 2010
- Miss USA speaks about her ordeal at the hands of a TSA agent - Apr 28, 2011
- Man strips at Va. Airport checkpoint in protest - Jan 05, 2011
- Get ready to experience 'enhanced pat downs' at the airports - Nov 01, 2010
- Full-body scanner row: US denies checking all travellers - Nov 23, 2010
- TSA Issues Video Message On Pat Down Technique - Nov 21, 2010
- TSA in the dock for pat down on 6-year-old girl - Apr 14, 2011
- California district attorney warns against inappropriate pat-downs - Nov 18, 2010
- US seeking privacy-security balance over airport security: Robert Gibbs - Nov 23, 2010
- US woman claims airport pat down was more 'fondling' than 'frisking' - Mar 28, 2011
- US man strips to underwear in protest of airport security screening - Nov 25, 2010
- California Man John Tyner Refuses Body Scan In San Diego Airport - Nov 16, 2010
- New security checks at US airports like 'foreplay' - Oct 30, 2010
- Scientists say that airport body scanners are not hazardous for health - Mar 30, 2011
- Barack Obama Asserts That The TSA's Pat-Downs Are Invasive But Necessary To Attain Security - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: abby, airport security measures, airports, body scanner, body scanners, comical insight, controversy, funny side, human interaction, keenan thompson, kristen wiig, nasim, new airport security measures, new ways, real security, security checks, security procedures, sketch, skit, tsa