Sneha into SpitirualityJune 18th, 2009 - 7:53 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Leading lady of the serial Jyoti is looking at life differently now. Besides acting she is also a passionate reader. Presently she is following the path of kriya yoga. Yes the actress is reading an Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda.
“It’s truly an amazing book. Many of the life’s lessons have to be learnt from it. This is the best book I have ever read. It gives you an insight of rich Indian saint lineage and their lives. This book has totally changed my thought process and anybody can feel positive vibrations as he/she starts reading this holy book provided the person has that devotion and love for all”, she shares her experience of reading the book.
Apart from autotrophies she has also read different fictional and comical books. “I like to read the books that follow a simple language and is in connection to life. I have read almost all the edition of Sydney Sheldon. At times I prefer light stories like for instance the best comedy flick is Trust Me by Rajshree it’s a comic story about love, heart-break and friendship and I enjoy reading them”, she briefs.
For now she is reading autobiography that is believed to be the treasure of spirituality. “I read autobiographies when I need some guidance in life. Otherwise I read comics when I feel low” she reasons her reading choices.
Reading leads to the growth of ones intrinsic personality and Sneha is on the path of growing.
- Spirituality can never be uprooted from India: American guru - Jan 01, 2012
- Where Westerners teach yoga and meditation - to Indians - Sep 18, 2011
- A great read on a great saint (IANS Book Review) - Oct 09, 2011
- Yogananda was India's greatest gift to West: Kriyananda - Oct 13, 2011
- Yogananda biography wins international award - May 25, 2012
- Elvis Presley's guru dies - Dec 06, 2010
- A remote cave where people pray to 'deathless' Yogi-Christ - Apr 17, 2011
- Foreigners flock to Haridwar for love of Hinduism - Nov 02, 2011
- Hindus congratulate Mrinalini Mata on being elected Self-Realization Fellowship President - Jan 14, 2011
- Hindi version of 'Man's Eternal Quest' released - Oct 24, 2010
- Hindus express condolences on Daya Mata's death - Dec 06, 2010
- A Punjabi politician's ode to Tagore - Nov 15, 2011
- Chronicling iron women at helm of India's business empires (IANS Book Review) - Oct 27, 2011
- Comic book on movies comes to India with 'Don: The Origin' (With Image) - Dec 20, 2011
- Uday Chopra launches 'Yomics' comic book label - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: actress, amazing book, autobiography of a yogi, briefs, comedy flick, comic story, comical books, devotion, guidance, heart break, jyoti, leading lady, lineage, looking at life, personality, positive vibrations, spirituality, sydney sheldon, thought process, yogananda