‘SMS’ good time pass, worth the money! (Telugu Movie Review)February 12th, 2012 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “SMS”; Cast: Sudhir Babu, Regina, Vennela Kishor, Chanti, Priyanka, Hemanth and Rohini; Director: Satya Tatineni ; Producer: Vikram Raju; Composer: Selva Ganesh; Camera: Chitti Babu; Rating: ***
“SMS” is a remake of Tamil film “Shiva Manasulo Sakthi”, which was made with new faces and did well at the box office.
Satya Tatineni, who made a mark with his debut film “Bheemili Kabaddi Jattu” (another remake), has helmed the movie, which introduces Sudhir Babu, cousin of superstar Mahesh Babu, in the lead role.
There is nothing fresh in the story of the film, but has a neat narrative. There are no big fight sequences, thunderous dialogues and sexy item numbers. Even the story is not strong enough to build up interesting emotional sequences.
But what makes the film so likeable is its breezy style of narration and comedy elements. Both Chanty and Vennela Kishore have added spark to the comedy sequences, which takes a journey from being slapstick to sensible.
Though the first half is enjoyable, the latter part has many unnecessary turns, which are predictable and reminds one of Hindi movies “Chalte Chalte” and “Mujhse Shaadi Karogi”.
The film is basically aimed at attracting the young crowd and has elements that will appeal to the youngsters. There are enough pranks but some time they are stretched too far.
There are no tension in the this romantic film, but that is not a problem as there are enough sequences which relate to pranks and ego clashes.
Shiva works for a courier company. He falls in love with Radio Jockey Shruthi. Despite his attempts to impress her failing one after another, Shiva does not lose hope. Finally, Shruthi accepts his proposal, but Shiva’s confused attitude troubles her. The relationship between Shiva and Shruthi turns sour, but finally all things end well.
Sudhir Babu plays the courier assistant’s role with ease. He impresses with his dance movements. But he needs to improve upon his dialogue delivery.
Regina, who had worked in Tamil and Kannada films earlier, charms the viewers by her looks and her performance.
The viewers will surely appreciate Chanty and Vennela’s comedy.
“SMS” is a time pass movie, but is worth every single penny that you spend on buying the ticket.
- 'Bheemili Kabaddi Jattu' second schedule begins - Sep 25, 2009
- 'Pilla Zamindar' is above average (Telugu Movie Review) - Oct 15, 2011
- 'Dookudu' an out and out Mahesh Babu film (Telugu Movie Review) - Sep 25, 2011
- 'Bhimili Kabaddi Jattu' To Hit The Screen Soon - Jun 18, 2010
- 'Vennela 1 1/2' will have live interval - Sep 17, 2012
- 'Bhimili Kabaddi Jattu' in post-production - Feb 23, 2010
- Sampath's Maitrivanam - Jul 22, 2010
- 'Mr. Nookayya' out and out Manchu Manoj fare (Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 11, 2012
- "Madatha Kaja" - nothing new on offer (Telugu Movie Review) - Oct 02, 2011
- 'Nee Illadhe' - another cop story gone awry (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 27, 2011
- '9 to 12' an enjoyable suspense thriller (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 03, 2011
- 'Romeo' - stylish entertainer on true love (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 07, 2012
- Sampath Nandi’s Emaindi Eevela Completes 50 Days In 32 Centers - Dec 31, 2010
- 'Neeku Naaku Dash Dash' - weak story with haphazard narration (Telugu Movie Review) - Apr 15, 2012
- Nara Rohit: Second Movie After Banam Signed Under Big Production House - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,