Smriti Irani lends voice for radio drama on KrishnaAugust 18th, 2012 - 12:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) Actress Smriti Irani is set to turn narrator for new radio drama “Bal Gopal”, which will showcase various aspects of Lord Krishna’s personality, be it a child, a son, a friend or a lover.
The actress, who rose to fame as Tulsi of “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”, is happy to be part of the project.
“It is wonderful to narrate the childhood story of Lord Krishna through a convenient yet powerful medium - radio. Tales of Krishna are popularly associated with boy child, but through this series we wanted to give equal importance and respect to girl child, which, I am happy, is reflected through various episodes,” Smriti said in a statement.
“It has truly been a challenging experience to communicate the emotions and create a real life audio environment for radio listeners. ‘Bal Gopal’ is also my radio debut and I am very excited about it,” she added.
“Bal Gopal” is a two-month long series and will go on air from Monday on Fever 104 FM.
“We have always believed in offering differentiated product to our listeners and ‘Bal Gopal’ is an attempt to introduce our culture to the current generation and has been done is a very youthful and contemporary manner,” Harshad Jain, business head of radio and entertainment, HT Media, said in a statement.
“Packaged with modern sound, simple language and a popular celebrity association, the series is such that everyone, from a grandson to grandfather, will be able to relate to it,” he added.
- It’s A Baby Girl For Ritu Chaudhary Seth! - Jan 03, 2011
- Farida Jalal returns to small screen as 'Ammaji' (With Images) - May 18, 2011
- Mandira Bedi Is Happy Hosting Shows, Not Interested In Daily Soaps - Jul 22, 2010
- Smriti Irani: When I Am Unemployed, I Can Go Back To TV - Dec 10, 2010
- Sargun Mehta to play grown up 'Phulwa' (TV Snippets) - Aug 07, 2011
- Padmini Kolhapure To Star In A Malayalam Film - Oct 19, 2010
- Amrita, First Bengali Movie Of Smriti To Be Released - Jul 28, 2010
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- Vibha Anand quits 'Balika Vadhu' - Dec 29, 2010
- There's hardly any reality in reality shows: Rakshanda Khan - Jun 16, 2011
- My productions are not gender-biased: Ekta Kapoor - Dec 08, 2011
- Aman to play negative role in 'Chhoti Bahu' (With Images) - Dec 23, 2011
- Narayani Shastri returns as Raai dancer on TV - Mar 14, 2012
- 'Men getting their due on small screen' - Jul 21, 2011
- I'm living my childhood with my kids: Hiten Tejwani - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: actress, audio environment, business head, childhood story, girl child, gopal, ht, kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, lord krishna, narrator, New Delhi, new radio, radio debut, radio drama, radio listeners, radio tales, saas bhi kabhi, saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, smriti irani, tulsi