Smashing 50 bottles on head attempt branded ‘idiotic’July 2nd, 2010 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, July 02 (ANI): A brain surgeon has slammed Australian TV personality Shane Crawford’s TV attempt to break bottle record, calling it dangerous.
Brain surgeon Professor Jeffrey Rosenfield said that breaking 50 sugar glass bottles on Crawford’s head as a Footy Show stunt is not funny.
The stunt was aimed to beat the world record of 50 bottles smashed over a person’s head in the quickest time.
The Crawford stunt horrified Rosenfeld, director of neurosurgery at the Alfred hospital.
“The segment is idiotic. We see patients who come through the emergency department who have been hit over the head by bottles who suffer severe injury,” the Herald Sun quoted Rosenfeld as saying.
“I don’t see it as funny, I see it as giving people a false idea that hitting someone over the head with an object is a harmless, fun thing to do,” he added.
According to Rosenfield the use of sugar glass, commonly used for stunt bottles, did not make the skit acceptable.
“It’s not about the bottle, it’s the act itself. The message is that it’s OK to hit someone over the head with an object,” he said.
Glassing victim Nathan Hedley said the stunt was pathetic and was insensitive to victims of similar violence.
“I like Shane Crawford as a person but I couldn’t believe what he did. As far as to get ratings it’s pretty pathetic. It’s insensitive and tells kids instead of just punching when they get into a fight, to go and smash a glass over their head. It was just stupid,” said Headley. (ANI)
- Neurosurgeon slams Shane Crawford's bid to break bottle record - Jul 02, 2010
- Charlie Sheen's publicist Stan Rosenfield quits - Mar 01, 2011
- Google tests glasses that provide real-time information - Apr 05, 2012
- 2cm bullet removed from Chinese farmer head after 23 years! - Apr 23, 2011
- Nicole Richie to launch fragrance - Jun 23, 2012
- Battered baby battles for life, parents untraceable - Jan 27, 2012
- Janet Jackson has crush on Chace Crawford! - Feb 07, 2010
- Tibetan encyclopedia shows 'brain surgery was practiced 2900 years ago' - Apr 24, 2011
- Bionic eye implant ready for human trials - Feb 09, 2012
- UK 'Human cannonball' man killed during 'Daredevil Stunt Show' - Apr 26, 2011
- Ice hockey coach banned for trying to attack crowd - Nov 08, 2011
- London riots: Over 100 policemen, five service dogs injured - Aug 10, 2011
- Tom Cruise's Scientology 'book-and-bottle' ritual revealed - Nov 08, 2009
- Richards urges fans to give up plastic bottles - Dec 27, 2011
- Tracy Morgan says that Charlie Sheen is making a fool of himself - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: alfred hospital, australian tv, brain surgeon, emergency department, false idea, footy show, fun thing, glass bottles, hedley, herald sun, neurosurgery, professor jeffrey, rosenfeld, rosenfield, s tv, shane crawford, skit, sugar glass, tv personality, world record