Sly made no money from sixth ‘Rocky’ movieAugust 7th, 2010 - 3:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, August 07 (ANI): Sylvester Stallone has revealed that he made no money from his sixth ‘Rocky’ movie, which made 133 million pounds in profit.
The Hollywood legend boosted his dwindling popularity by revisiting his most famous franchise for a final instalment, ‘Rocky Balboa’, in 2006.
The bold move worked, and he went on to make a fourth Rambo film in 2008 before teaming up with fellow big-screen action men Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke for new movie ‘The Expendables’.
And Stallone is adamant making the 2006 boxing picture was a wise decision - even though he has not banked any of the film’s enormous profits.
“I haven’t seen a dime yet. (It made) nearly 200 million dollars. That’s life, eh? That’s how it works these days. They have this thing called ‘back end’. Or ‘Watch my back end move into the horizon as you lie there, shackled in naivety.’ You can make a movie for 12 million dollars that makes 250 million dollars, but it still ends up in the red. The studios say they added 50 million dollars in publicity in the Ukraine or somewhere, and you’re like, ‘What?’, the Daily Star quoted him as telling GQ magazine.(ANI)
- Sylvester Stallone Plans To Take Up Direction - Jun 28, 2010
- Sly kills Rambo 5 plans - May 04, 2010
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- Simon West finalised to direct 'The Expendables 2' - Jun 16, 2011
- John Travolta in 'Expendables II'? - Aug 02, 2011
- Sylvester Stallone Gets Injured While Shooting For "The Expendables" - Jan 09, 2010
- Violence in modern films 'not good', says Sly - Jul 28, 2010
- Stallone plans to be full time director - Jun 25, 2010
- Movie Review - The Expendables (2010) - Aug 13, 2010
- Sly 'proud to be amongst ugliest guys' in 'The Expendables' - Aug 05, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone, 64, is a child at heart - Aug 15, 2010
- Alpha-male movie star becoming extinct in Hollywood: Experts - Sep 04, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone & 'The Expendables' Vaporize 'Vampires Suck' at Box Office - Aug 23, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone drops 'Rambo 5' plans - May 04, 2010
- Sly says 'unaffordable' stars made 'Expendables' impossible two decades ago - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: 50 million, action men, bold move, boxing, bruce willis, daily star, enormous profits, expendables, franchise, hollywood legend, horizon, mickey rourke, million dollars, naivety, popularity, publicity, rambo, rocky balboa, sylvester stallone, wise decision