Slumdog’s ‘Jai Ho’ Trust hires social worker to look after Rubina AliApril 22nd, 2009 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 22 (ANI): Slumdog Millionaire trust has come out to the rescue of the film’s child star Rubina Ali by hiring a social worker to look after her.
The Jai Ho Trust was established with financial support from the filmmakers to ensure the welfare of the movie’s child stars, including Rubina and Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail.
The trust has offered to help by hiring a trained social worker to look after the welfare of Rubina - amid allegations that the nine-year-old girl’s father Rafiq tried to sell her for 2,00,000 pounds.
However, Rafiq has denied the claims.
“Both Danny [Boyle, the director] and I remain committed to working the trust and the family to secure Rubina’s long-term best interests,” Usmagazine quoted Slumdog producer Christian Colson as saying.
One of the Jai Ho trustees, Noshir H. Dadrawala, said that “the trust will support Rubina, her parents and responsible authorities to ensure that the rights and best interests of Rubina” are protected.
“The trust is in regular contact with Rubina Ali and her family and has hired a social worker to assist in looking after her welfare and that of her co-star,” he added.
“Danny and I both fully support Mr. Dadrawala’s comments,” said Colson.
The independent trust was set up to ensure that the family of the child stars receive suitable accommodations and a fixed sum of money each month for living expenses.
It also covers the education costs for Rubina and her siblings and provides her with a lump sum of money after she turns 18 years old. (ANI)
- Slumdog Millionaire child stars risk losing trust fund - Nov 04, 2009
- From slums to queen of suburbs, Rubina Ali goes places (With Image) - Oct 16, 2011
- Slumdog's Rubina to be homeless soon - Oct 07, 2009
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
- 'Slumdog' kid's father slams Danny Boyle - May 27, 2009
- Bandra's 'Millionaire' star remains at neighbour's mercy - Mar 07, 2011
- 'Slumdog' actor Rubina gets New Year flat gift from Danny Boyle - Dec 31, 2009
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' kid Azharuddin to move to a flat - Jun 11, 2009
- All gone in fire, grieves 'Slumdog' star Rubina Ali - Mar 05, 2011
- 'Slumdog...' star Azharuddin to tell his story in English - Jun 13, 2010
- Slumdog Kid gets a roof on his head - Jul 07, 2009
- 'Slumdog...' star Rubina to move to a flat soon - Jan 14, 2010
- "Slumdog Millionaire" child actress Rubina Ali loses home in a fire - Mar 08, 2011
- Slumdog child star Rubina Ali left homeless - Dec 31, 2009
- Boyle withholds Jai Ho trust fund after Slumdog kids' truancy reports - Nov 19, 2009
Tags: azharuddin, child star, child stars, christian colson, co star, danny boyle, education costs, filmmakers, independent trust, jai, living expenses, lump sum, mohammed ismail, noshir, rafiq, responsible authorities, s child, social worker, suitable accommodations, sum of money