‘Slumdog..’ stars Rubina, Azhar to act in Hollywood movieJune 12th, 2010 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai June 12 (IANS) Nearly two years after “Slumdog Millionaire” created history at the Oscars, child actors from a Mumbai slum Azharuddin Mohammed Shaikh and Rubina Ali Qureshi have been signed for a Hollywood movie. They will each be paid 1,000 pounds per day for 20-25 days of shooting, their contract says.
The movie, “Lord Owen’s Lady”, is being produced by Dragons Productions (Wales) Ltd, based in London and Cardiff, Rubina’s publicist and agent Dinesh Dubey said.
“The shooting for the movie, for which Indian actor Rohini Hattangadi and some other kids from ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ have been signed on, will start in early 2011,” Dubey told IANS here Saturday.
Hattangadi, an accomplished actor, has earlier played Kasturba Gandhi in the Oscar winning “Gandhi” (1982) by Sir Richard Attenborough. Ben Kingsley played the title role.
“Lord Owen’s Lady” will also feature Hollywood star Anthony Hopkins as the father of Lord Owen, a reckless heir who falls in love with a stunning Indian woman.
“Azharuddin and Rubina shall be playing the role of Hopkin’s grandchildren in the movie,” Dubey said.
The movie is expected to be shot in Dubai, Wales and other locations, said Dubey.
Azharudding and Rubina shot to fame for their roles in Danny Boyles’ movie “Slumdog Millionaire”, which bagged eight Oscars including for the best movie of the year in 2009.
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
- 'Slumdog...' star Azharuddin to tell his story in English - Jun 13, 2010
- From slums to queen of suburbs, Rubina Ali goes places (With Image) - Oct 16, 2011
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' kids to work with Anthony Hopkins? - Sep 07, 2009
- Slumdog kids 'to star alongside Anthony Hopkins in new film' - Sep 08, 2009
- Child star Rubina still in slum, but Marathi autobiography ready (With Images) - Jun 12, 2010
- Slumdog star Rubina Ali set to move from shantytown - Jan 14, 2010
- Fire rages through 'Slumdog Millionaire' actors' previous homes - Mar 05, 2011
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' child stars shine in Kochi - Sep 19, 2009
- 'Slumdog' actor Rubina gets New Year flat gift from Danny Boyle - Dec 31, 2009
- 'Racist' Hollywood only wants Asians to play terrorists or cabbies: Dev Patel - Aug 09, 2010
- Anil to shoot for Hollywood film 'Cities' in November - Jun 17, 2011
- All gone in fire, grieves 'Slumdog' star Rubina Ali - Mar 05, 2011
- "Slumdog Millionaire" child actress Rubina Ali loses home in a fire - Mar 08, 2011
- I'd like to make a film in India: Ben Kingsley (Interview) - Feb 26, 2010
Tags: ali qureshi, anthony hopkins, ben kingsley, boyles, child actors, gandhi, grandchildren, heir, hollywood star, hopkin, indian actor, indian woman, lord owen, mumbai slum, oscars, publicist, richard attenborough, rohini hattangadi, sir richard attenborough, wales ltd