Slumdog Millionaire set to hit Chinese theatresMarch 18th, 2009 - 6:37 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar 18 (ANI): After taking the British and US audiences by storm, Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire is all set to hit the Chinese theatre.
Directed by Danny Boyle, the film has secured a coveted slot as one of 20 major foreign movies that China will import this year, reports The News
Zhang Hongyan, a publicist for Hong Kong-based Edko Film, has revelaed that the film will be released in at least 2,000 theatres across China on March 26.
Boyle will attend the movie’’s premiere in Beijing a day before.
The rags-to-riches tale has crossed the 200 million dollar mark at the international box office.
According to estimates, Slumdog came second at the global box office in the wake of its Oscar wins, behind Warner Bros The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.”
The story about an 18-year-old slum boy has won eight Oscars out of the 10 categories it was nominated for. (ANI)
- Rahman got one Oscar and then the other one was a bonus: Gulzar - Mar 02, 2011
- Danny Boyle to receive special award at BFI London Film Festival - Sep 30, 2010
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Slumdog star Rubina Ali set to move from shantytown - Jan 14, 2010
- Danny Boyle applauded for theatre comeback - Feb 25, 2011
- Anil Kapoor desperate to move on from 'Slumdog Millionaire' success - Jul 27, 2010
- China gives nod to 'Slumdog Millionaire' - Mar 19, 2009
- 'Slumdog...' experience best for Freida - Aug 15, 2011
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- Danny Boyle hides Oscar trophy in shoe box - Jan 27, 2011
- Will Rahman have his day with 'Slumdog' at the Oscars? - Feb 21, 2009
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- Slumdog Millionaire's child star's family home destroyed in huge fire - Mar 05, 2011
- Danny Boyle to direct play after 20 years - Jan 22, 2010
Tags: audiences, beijing, china, chinese theatre, curious case of benjamin button, danny boyle, dollar mark, estimates, hong kong, international box office, millionaire, oscar wins, oscars, publicist, rags to riches, slum, warner bros