Slumdog Millionaire honoured by American Film InstituteDecember 30th, 2008 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 30 (ANI): Danny Boyle’’s Slumdog Millionaire has been honoured by The American Film Institute (AFI), whose 13 jury members have listed it as one of this year’’s eight “Moments of Significance in Film, TV and Web.
Slumdog Millionaire is a fictitious story about an 18-year-old Indian, who wins Indias version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, reports Contactmusic.
A spokesperson for AFI said that it “stands as a monument to the possibilities of cross-cultural storytelling”.
Media coverage of U.S. President-elect Barack Obama’’s run for The White House and NBC’’s footage of the Summer Olympics in Beijing are among other significant moments applauded.
Comedienne Tina Fey also impressed with her hit TV series 30 Rock and impersonation of Alaska governor Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live.
The winners of the AFI Awards will be honoured at a luncheon next month. (ANI)
- Danny Boyle applauded for theatre comeback - Feb 25, 2011
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- Danny Boyle to receive special award at BFI London Film Festival - Sep 30, 2010
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- First Pictures Of Amy Poehler's Second Baby Boy, Abel, Have Been Divulged To The Public By US Weekly - Jan 12, 2011
- Rahman wins Best Original Song Award in Los Angles - Jan 15, 2011
- Danny Boyle awarded British Film Institute Fellowship - Oct 28, 2010
- Bengal journos pin Freida for naming 'only one' Bengali filmmaker great - Nov 26, 2011
- Rahman's 'If I Rise' nominated for WSA - Aug 25, 2011
- Danny Boyle’s ‘127 Hours’ Theatrical To Release With Narnia 3 - Dec 04, 2010
- NBC's 30 Rock wins the 2009 Emmy for best comedy series - Sep 21, 2009
- Tina Fey says Sarah Palin impersonation may have hurt' '30 Rock' - Apr 06, 2011
- India-born Tariq Anwar misses Oscar for best editing - Feb 28, 2011
- Boyle credits 'Slumdog Millionaire' success for '127 Hours' - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: 18 year old, afi awards, alaska governor sarah palin, american film institute, barack obama, comedienne, danny boyle, fictitious story, film tv, governor sarah palin, impersonation, jury members, media coverage, millionaire reports, president elect, sarah palin, saturday night live, summer olympics, tina fey, who wants to be a millionaire