Slumdog director Danny Boyle ‘to make another film in Mumbai’June 3rd, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 3 (ANI): After gathering much appreciation and Oscars following the success of Slumdog Millionaire, director Danny Boyle is set to return to Mumbai for another film, it has emerged.
According to reports, Boyle has acquired film rights to another book set in the vast shantytowns of the city.
Boyle, apparently, has bought the rights to the critically acclaimed Maximum City: Bombay Lost and Found by Suketu Mehta, an Indian-born New York-based journalist and author.
The book, which was first published in 2004, is part travelogue and part autobiography. The tome delves into the interconnected worlds of Mumbai’s slum-dwellers, dancing girls, underworld dons and hard-right Hindu radicals.
Way back in January, Boyle at the Indian premiere of Slumdog in Mumbai had expressed his desire to helm another project in India’s financial capital. He added that he had in mind a modern thriller set largely at night.
Mehta told The Times: “I’m afraid I can’t comment on the story yet - officially.”
Slumdog Millionaire was also based on an Indian-authored book, the novel Q&A by Vikas Swarup, an Indian diplomat. (ANI)
- Danny Boyle's next film on Suketu Mehta's book? - Jun 04, 2009
- Boyle's next flick will be based on Suketu Mehta's 'Maximum City' - Jun 08, 2009
- I look at India through a woman's eyes: Diplomat-author Vikas Swarup (Interview) - Jul 03, 2012
- Child star Rubina still in slum, but Marathi autobiography ready (With Images) - Jun 12, 2010
- Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan: The Battle Continues - Nov 30, 2010
- Anil to shoot for Hollywood film 'Cities' in November - Jun 17, 2011
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- "Slumdog Millionaire" child actress Rubina Ali loses home in a fire - Mar 08, 2011
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Moving beyond mere travellers' tales (Feature, IANS Books) - Jul 28, 2011
- 'Slumdog...' star Azharuddin to tell his story in English - Jun 13, 2010
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Boyle agitates animal right activists - Jun 14, 2012
- Anil Kapoor to play cop in Hollywood film 'Cities' - May 04, 2011
- Diego Forlan recognises Anil Kapoor - Aug 02, 2010
Tags: amp, autobiography, bombay, dancing girls, director danny boyle, film rights, helm, hindu radicals, indian diplomat, journalist, june 3, millionaire, mumbai, oscars, shantytowns, slum dwellers, suketu mehta, thriller, travelogue, underworld