Slash proud of Guns N’ RosesMay 21st, 2012 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 21 (IANS) Slash, former lead guitarist of Guns N’ Roses, says he is very proud of his time with the band and insists he will always include the band’s songs in his live shows.
“I’m very proud of what we did in that band, but it’s nice to be recognised for something you’ve got going on right now,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Slash as saying.
Despite having success with his band Velvet Revolver as a solo artist, the guitarist admits nothing compares to the time when his first band made it big in 1987 with their debut album “Appetite For Destruction”.
The 46-year-old guitarist still includes songs from his time in both Velvet Revolver and Guns N’ Roses in his solo sets. He says he always liked working as a team when he was with any group.
“I’m not a dictator, there are no egos - everybody has great ideas for the songs. Every band I’ve ever been in, I tried to make it always just about the music, never about who was the star,” he said.
- Guns N' Roses files $20m lawsuit against 'Guitar Hero' makers - Nov 25, 2010
- Slash Splits From His Wife - Sep 01, 2010
- Slash to design backpacks for 'Dora the Explorer' - Mar 09, 2010
- Slash bored by drugs - May 19, 2012
- Slash launches production house for horror movies - Oct 08, 2010
- Slash learned guitar licks from Wood - Apr 21, 2010
- Johnny Depp is a great guitarist: Cooper - Jun 28, 2011
- Guns N' Roses plan new album - Nov 15, 2010
- Sherbet guitarist Clive Shakespeare dead - Feb 17, 2012
- Guns N' Roses Turns Down Glee, Slash Disses Show - Jan 19, 2011
- Fergie to pay stage tribute to Slash - Aug 24, 2010
- Red Hot Chili Peppers release their new single - Jul 19, 2011
- 'Black-Eyed Peas' Fergie Plans Tribute to 'Guns N Roses' Slash - Aug 23, 2010
- Slash refused millions for Guns N' Roses reunion - Jan 13, 2010
- Axl Rose dashes hopes of truce with ex-bandmate Slash - Feb 07, 2009