“Skins” TV Series Will Premiere On MTV From JanuaryOctober 22nd, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) MTV, for the last few years, has been experimenting with scripted dramas. After last summer’s last summer’s hit “The Hard Times of R.J. Berger”, the channel will be back with “Skins”, this winter. “Skins” will be premiered on January 2011.
The exclusive first look trailer of “Skins” will be shown during the airing of “Jersey Shore” season finale tonight. “Skins” is a hit British series, that deals with the realities of life from the angle of a teenager. It reveals the hardship and common challenges of being a teenager like sex, drugs, eating disorders, parent issues, etc. Its plot-line highlights bold issues like dysfunctional families, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual orientation identity etc. It has been created by the father son duo television writers Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain for Company Pictures. The show, first premiered on E4 on 25 January 2007, has seen four series in United Kingdom, and two more series has already been commissioned.
MTV, has requested the same original “Skins” writers, Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain, to write for its American version too. This series on MTV will be set in Baltimore, Maryland altering its original base from Bristol, England. This would be the fifth series of “Skins”. The show has always kept on reshuffling its star caste, to avoid any king of monotony for the audiences. For its fifth series too, the star caste will be different from its previous ones. Till now, nothing about the next star caste has been settled yet. “Skins” mostly targets the young audience and 56% of its viewers are between the age of 16 and 34. Its last series attracted more than 1.5 million viewers, which made the “Skins” one of the most highly rated shows in UK. The same response can be hoped from USA too, feels a source.
- MTV not canceling 'Skins': Network rep - Jan 27, 2011
- Indian Idol Out, X Factor In - Jan 22, 2011
- The Hard Times Of RJ Berger: The Old Mix In A New Pack - Jun 07, 2010
- MTV's 'Skins' 'loses' fourth major sponsor - Jan 25, 2011
- Media watchdog group calls for child pornography probe of MTV's 'Skins' - Jan 21, 2011
- MTV Exec Stands By The Contentious 'Skins' Despite The Slight Slide In Viewership And Withdrawal Of Advertisers - Feb 02, 2011
- MTV won’t modify the “Skins” plot! - Jan 27, 2011
- MTV Premieres "Jersey Shore" Season 2 - Jul 30, 2010
- Mumbai goes 'wah wah' over Bryan Adams' concert - Feb 13, 2011
- Sam Raimi To Direct Wyatt Earp Superhero Series "Earp: Saint For Sinners" - Jul 25, 2010
- MTV insists 'Skins' has not violated any child pornography laws - Jan 24, 2011
- Paul Brittain, Vanessa Bayer and Taran Killam Rumored to Join SNL Cast! - Aug 31, 2010
- Brit teen golfer defies 67,000,000-1 odds with double ace in same round - Mar 19, 2010
- MTV Sets New Record With Premiere of 'Jersey Shore' - Jan 13, 2011
- Lauren Conrad's Forthcoming Reality Show Pulled By MTV - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: baltimore maryland, berger, bristol england, brittain, caste, dysfunctional families, e4, eating disorders, jersey shore, kar, meena, mental illness, million viewers, monotony, plot line, realities of life, season finale, sex drugs, sexual orientation, television writers